EASTER TABLE RUNNER
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Fabrics are from Easter Garden range
- 40cm Fabric A - Watercolour Bunnies
- 20cm Fabric B - Eggs
- 60cm Fabric C - Bunnies & Eggs, for backing
- 50cm Prima Homespun, jacaranda (includes binding)
- 120cm x 50cm Sew Easy cotton/bamboo batting
- Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
- Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Hand needle
- Sewing machine with 1/4 in foot & walking foot
All strips are cut across the width of fabric unless otherwise stated.
- From Fabric A cut 2 x 6" strips.
- From Fabric B cut 1 x 4 1/2" strip.
From jacaranda homespun cut 2 x 2" strips and 5 x 2 1/2" strips for binding.
Step 1. Place one 6" Fabric A strip with bunnies right way up and sew one 2" homespun strip to the long top edge. Press seam towards homespun. Repeat for remaining Fabric A strip.
Step 2. Sew one long edge of the 4 1/2" Fabric B strip to the homespun edge of one unit from step 1. Press seam towards Fabric B.
Step 3. Sew the homespun edge of the remaining unit from step 1 to the other long edge of Fabric B. Press seam towards Fabric B.
Step 4.Cut batting and backing fabric width of fabric (44") x 23".
Step 5. Layer the backing, batting and table runner top and baste together. Quilt as desired.
Step 6. Join the 5 x 2 1/2" binding strips on the bias to make one long strip. Press in half lengthwise and bind mitering corners. Attach a label or sign and date your table runner.