At Spotlight, our stylish dinner sets will elevate your dining set up & make your food look amazing. Shop durable & modern dinner sets for every occasion today.
20 items found.
Delightful Dinnerware Sets For Every Home
Make every meal feel like a special occasion with any of the stunning dinner sets from Spotlight. Featuring dinnerware sets from brands such as Casa Domani, Culinary Co and Wiltshire, our dinner plate sets can be styled to suit any dining room, from charming and rustic to minimalist and modern. How many plates are in a dinner set, then? You can find dinner plate sets with as small as 4 plates, but most will have 12, 16 or even 18 at max. Perfect for families of all sizes, they make great housewarming or anniversary gifts for couples and families! Find dinner sets in various materials and styles such as stoneware dinner sets, patterned dinner sets, white dinner sets and much more.
Great Table Setting Ideas For A Wonderful Dinner
- For a modern twist on a classic table setting, choose white tableware with colour accents or coloured rims for simple elegance without compromising style. Change things up with square-shaped dinner plates in place of traditional round plates as an alternative to the usual.
- For formal occasions, gold trim on dinner plates and serving trays and gold finishes on your cutlery will give your table setting a luxe flavour. Less is more when it comes to glassware. You'll find that wine glasses and tumblers without fine detailing or patterning are more versatile and suited to every occasion.
There's so much you can do with your tableware when it comes to table settings, so make sure you check out our guide to creating an unforgettable dining table for even more helpful tips and hacks to inspire you the next time you're hosting a dinner event.
Dinner sets FAQ
What is a dinner set?
A dinner set is a collection of plates, bowls and sometimes cups that all match in design and are used for eating meals. Dinner sets will come with multiples of each piece, so there is enough for a whole family to use in one dinnerware set.
How to set a dinner table
Given your table is the focal point of the dining room, it's worthwhile following some easy-to-remember guidelines for setting your table properly.
- Start with a dinner plate in the centre of the setting. Knives, forks and spoons should then be placed on the table in order of use, starting from the outside and working inwards with each course (as a rule of thumb, your knives and forks for the main meal should be closest to the plate). Forks go to the left of the plate and soup spoons and knives go to the right. Knife blades face toward the plate, and spoons sit outside the knives.
- For formal occasions, the same guidelines apply. However, salad and main forks should be placed on top of an ironed and folded napkin. Glasses for water and red and white wine glasses sit at approximately where 1 o'clock is on a clock face.
- To finish off your formal setting, a salad plate and soup bowl should be placed on top of the dinner plate, while a bread & butter plate with a knife laid across it is placed at 10 o'clock.
Which material is good for a dinner set?
Most dinnerware sets are made from a type of ceramic. Porcelain and stoneware are the most common, although you can also find earthenware dinner sets as well. These are all easy to wash and should last for a long time. Glass dinnerware sets are also available, but these are more fragile and should be hand-washed to avoid scratching.
What Else Can I Find in the Dining and Tableware Category At Spotlight?
- Cutlery: You can find quality cutlery sets here in classic polished silver, modern black and colourful plastic varieties.
- Plates: Discover a huge range of beautiful dinner plates here, in creamy white, stylish patterns and even beautiful printed designs to suit your dining room style.
- Bowls: Find dinner bowls for soup, rice, stews, noodles and more here!
Find The Right Dinner Sets At Spotlight
Ready to buy? Shop through our tableware online and we'll deliver your dinner or crockery set straight to your front door. Alternatively, head into a Spotlight store to check out the dinnerware range in person and speak with one of our friendly customer service team who'll be happy to answer your questions. Make sure you're making the best purchasing choices for your needs by reading our buying guides on dinnerware, drinkware and servingware. And for some fun table-setting ideas, check out our blogs on everyday tablescaping, Christmas in July tablescaping and hosting a high tea party at home.