EASTERS FOR THE KIDS
WHAT YOU'LL NEEDOMBRE MDF BUNNY
- Daisychain MDF Rabbit 40cm
- Semco matte acrylic paints - French blue, Turquoise, Spring Green, Yellow
- Semco 4pk round sponges
- Semco angled sponge brushes
- Crafters Choice hot melt glue gun & glue sticks
- Daisychain Easter Feathers 8g
- Daisychain Glitter Egg Picks 6pk
- Daisychain ribbon 3M
PEARL BUNNY EARS
- Daisychain Easter Pearl Headband
- Daisychain Felt Bonnet Decoration Pack
- Daisychain Glitter egg picks 5pk
- Daisychain Glitter bunny picks 5pk
- Crafters Choice hot melt glue gun
OMBRE MDF BUNNY
Lay the MDF rabbit on a flat surface. Using the darkest colour first (in this case, French Blue), use a sponge brush to completely cover the base. Cut MDF edges can absorb paint quickly so you may need two coats around the edges.
Use a round sponge to continue applying the darkest colour about 1/4 of the way up the shape. Do not worry too much about finishing a straight line. Set the sponge aside, and use the angle brush to paint in the edges.
Use a clean sponge to apply the second darkest colour. Start by lightly applying over the previous colour and work up to create more intensity as you cover the second 1/4 of the shape. Once you have applied this colour, use the first sponge with the darkest colour to blend the two together. Cut in with the angle brush.
Repeat with the remaining two colours. Allow to dry.
Remove the wire picks from the glitter eggs by gently pulling them straight out. Using the hot glue gun, arrange these at the base of the bunny. Glue in feathers as desired.
Finish with a bow.
PEARL BUNNY EARS
Remove the wire picks from the glitter eggs and glitter bunnies by carefully pulling out.
Arrange and hot glue three bunnies and two eggs to the crown of the headband.
Glue two or three of the felt flower stickers further up the pearl ears.
Allow hot glue to dry before wearing.