BUNNY IN THE GARDEN CAKE
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 200g 'Robert's' Meringue Mix
- Yellow Food Colouring - Gel or Paste
- 100g Satin Ice Fondant - 3 different colours
- 'Robert's' Edible Glue
- 120 'Robert's' White Pearls
- 150g 'Robert's' Dark, Milk or White Melting Buttons
- 2 - 3 Drops 'Robert's' Flavoured Oil - Orange, Peppermint or Strawberry 500g 'Robert's' Mud Cake Vanilla Mix
- 200g 'Robert's' Silky Icing Mix
- Green Food Colour - Gel or Paste
- 'Robert's' Piping Nozzle - 1.2cm Open Round & 14 Point Open Star
- Flat Baking Trays lined with Baking Paper
- 'Robert's' Flexi Mat
- Rolling Pin
- 3 Mini Flower Plunger Cutters
- 'Robert's' Eye Droppers
- 'Robert's' Easter 3D Rabbit Mould #52
- 3 'Robert's' 70mm Lollipop Stick - White
- Three 4 inch cake tins lined with baking paper.
- 'Robert's' Sculpting Tool # 5
Three 4 inch Mini Cakes.
Mini Meringues - Refer to the packaging for detailed instructions of how to make and colour Meringues. Meringues can be made 2 -3 days before and stored in an airtight container.
Flowers - Roll each coloured fondant to a 2- 3mm thickness on the 'Robert's' Flexi Mat. Cut out flowers using the Plunger Cutters. Transfer the flowers onto a sheet of baking paper. Make a small indent into the center of each flower. Paint each indent with a dot of Edible Glue, then place a White Pearl on top. Leave to completely dry and harden. Flowers can be made 2- 3 days before.
Chocolate Bunny - Flavour the melted buttons with drops of Flavoured oil. Fill the small bunny cavities with melted buttons. Tap the mould on the bench to remove any air bubbles. While the chocolate is still wet lay a lollipop stick on the back of each bunny. Rotate the stick until it is covered in chocolate. Place the mould into the fridge until fully set - approximately 20 minutes. Remove chocolate bunny from the mould and bring to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
Note - 'Robert's' Flavoured Oils are highly concentrated. You will need drops, not a spoonful!
Vanilla Mud Cake- Pre heat a Fan forced oven to 140�C.
Refer to the cake mix packaging for detailed instructions of how to prepare the 500g recipe. Divide the batter evenly between the three pre prepared cake tins. Bake for approximately 40- 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of each cake comes out clean. Cool completely before decorating.
Silky Icing - Meringue Buttercream Prepare and colour the Silky Icing according to the instructions on the back of the packet. Ice each cake using Sculpting Tool #5. Decorate with meringues, flowers and chocolate Bunnies. Refrigerate decorated cakes until just before serving.