How Do I Install Roller Blinds?
So, you've thought through the design of your home, measured up your windows, and made some decisions about the blinds that are going to work best for you, your family and your home - venetian blinds. But how are you going to install them?
While installing venetian blinds is straightforward, you'll want to do it properly so you can show off your blinds to their full potential, ensure they sit neatly against the window, there is no unnecessary light seepage and so on.
Let's take it step-by-step...
- The first thing you should do is measure your window's height and width, if you don't already have the measurements. Windows can be different sizes all the way down, so take your measurements at least three spots for the width, and three for the height. Add a couple of centimeters to each measurement so you get blinds that cover the whole window.
- Once you've measured your windows, you can attach the brackets.
- Use a grey lead pencil to mark a spot for two brackets - one on each side of the window - and make sure they're at the same height and depth on the window frame. If you have really wide windows, you could also add a third bracket to the middle of the frame, which can give additional support to the blind. If you want, you can use a spirit level to make sure the brackets are in-line with each other.
- Use a drill with an impact driver attachment so the brackets are firmly attached.
- Next, you can install the blinds. Mount the blinds to the brackets while they're still furled up. All you have to do is lift the blinds and then snap them in place.
- Secure the cord to the window so it stays in one place, as well as ensure the safety of any small children that may be in the home. Use a screwdriver to attach the small cord bracket. Don't use stick-on attachments - they're not as strong.
That's it! You can now congratulate yourself on a job well done.
Want to look at more curtain & blind options?
Still not sure what to do with your window furnishings? Our Made to Measure service makes choosing your curtains, blinds, shutters and outdoor awnings easy.