WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Fabrics are from 'Spring Fling' range
- 40cm Fabric A - Mini Dot, Purple
- 40cm Fabric B - Dotty Stripe, Purple
- 40cm Fabric C - Chevron, Purple
- 40cm Fabric D - Spot, Pink
- 40cm Fabric E - Dash, Pink
- 40cm Fabric F - Dotty Stripe, Red
- 40cm Fabric G - Chevron, Red
- 40cm Fabric H - Spot, Orange
- 40cm Fabric I - Dash, Orange
- 40cm Fabric J - Mini Dot, Gold
- 40cm Fabric K - Dotty Stripe, Gold
- 40cm Fabric L - Spot, Aqua
- 40cm Fabric M - Dash, Aqua
- 40cm Fabric N - Chevron, Royal
- 40cm Fabric O - Dotty Stripe, Royal
- 40cm Fabric AA - Dash, Purple
- 40cm Fabric BB - Spot, Purple
- 40cm Fabric CC - Chevron, Pink
- 40cm Fabric DD - Mini Dot, Pink
- 40cm Fabric EE- Dotty Stripe, Pink
- 40cm Fabric FF - Spot, Red
- 40cm Fabric GG - Dash, Red
- 40cm Fabric HH - Mini Dot, Orange
- 40cm Fabric II - Dotty Stripe, Orange
- 40cm Fabric JJ - Spot, Gold
- 40cm Fabric KK - Dash, Gold
- 40cm Fabric LL - Chevron, Aqua
- 40cm Fabric MM - Dotty Stripe, Aqua
- 40cm Fabric NN- Spot, Royal
- 40cm Fabric OO- Dash, Royal
- 10cm Fabric P - Mini Dot, Royal
- 10cm Fabric Q - Mini Dot, Aqua
- 2m Medium Weight Woven Fusible Interfacing
- Legacy Fuse-Under Fusible Web
- Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
- 3 x 1kg bags Crafters Choice Stuffin
- Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Hand needle
- Sewing machine with 1/4" foot
All fabrics should be 100% cotton, washed & pressed.
1/4" seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated.
- From each of Fabrics A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N & O cut 1 wedge lengthways down the fabric using template provided.
- From each of Fabrics AA, BB, CC, DD, EE, FF, GG, HH, II, JJ, KK, LL, MM, NN & OO cut 1 wedge lengthways down the fabric using template provided.
- From the fusible interfacing use the template to cut out 30 wedges and fuse to the wrong side of the 30 fabric wedges.
- Trace 4 x 3 3/4" circles onto paper side of fusible web and roughly cut out. Fuse 2 circles to wrong side of each of Fabrics P & Q. cut out the four circles.
Step 1 - Arrange the wedges in order from Fabric A to Fabric O.
Step 2 - Starting at Fabric A sew wedges together in pairs, AB, CD, EF, GH, IJ, KL & MN. Keeping order correct, sew pairs together making 3 sets of 4 and one set of 3. Sew together into one set of 8 and one set of 7, then sew the sets together. To complete the circle sew A to O.
Step 3 - Press seams in one direction around the circle. Topstitch 1/8" from seam line on side where seam has been pressed. This will give the seams added strength.
Step 4 - Fuse one Fabric P circle to the centre on the inside of the pieced circle then fuse the other Fabric P circle to the outside of the pieced circle. Zigzag or straight stitch around the edge of the top circle and press well.
Step 5 - Repeat Steps 2 and 3 Using Fabrics AA to OO. Then repeat Step 4 using Fabric Q circles.
Step 6 - Pin the circles together around the outside edge. Sew together around the edge leaving a 9" opening for turning right side out and stuffing.
Step 7 - Press well and turn cushion right side out. Stuff to desired fullness making sure the stuffing is evenly distributed. Hand sew opening closed.