MONO NATURALS CUSHIONS
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 50cm Black/natural cotton print - Branches/Ditzy Floral/Birds, leg (We used the Branches Ditzy and Large Birds prints)
- 20cm Shot cotton fabric - Peacock/Indigo
- 40cm dress zipper
- Matching Gutermann thread
- Pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Optional - Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
- Sewing machine with zipper foot
- Size 18 (46cm x 46cm) cushion insert
FOR ONE CUSHION
STEP 1. From cotton fabric cut 1 x 46cm square for the back and two 18cm x 46cm strips for the front.
STEP 2. From shot cotton fabric cut one 16cm x 46cm strip.
STEP 3. To make the cushion front, pin one cotton fabric strip on one side of the shot cotton strip and sew together. Pin the other cotton strip to the other side of the shot cotton strip and sew together. Press seams open and topstitch down each side of both seams 3mm from the seam.
STEP 4. Press under 1.5cm seam allowance on bottom edge of front and back. Centre the zipper along the pressed under edge of the front and sew in place using zipper foot. Align pressed under edge of the back along remaining side of the zipper and sew in pace using zipper foot.
STEP 5. Undo the zipper 15cm. Pin front and back pieces right sides facing and starting at the end of the zipper sew together around all edges back to the head of the zipper.
STEP 6. Clip corners, open zipper and turn cover right side out.
STEP 7. Place cushion insert into cover and close zipper. Repeat these instructions using other fabrics to create