WHAT YOU'LL NEED
1. Cut two 50cm squares of fabric - one for top and one for bottom. For sides cut 4 strips 50cm x 15cm wide matching stripes on two of the strips with stripes on opposite sides of the cushion top.
2. Pin the matching strips to opposite sides of the cushion top aligning the stripes. Start 1.5cm from one end and sew using 1.5cm seam allowance stopping 1.5cm from the end. Repeat with the other matching strip on the opposite side.
3. Sew the remaining two strips to the remaining opposite sides of the top in the same way.
4. Pin the side strips together at the corners, baste then sew using 1.5cm seam allowance.
5. Pin the sides of the bottom fabric square to the other edge of the strips with right sides facing. Sew together using 1.5cm seam allowance, pivoting at the corners and leaving a 10cm opening in one side.
6. Clip all corners, turn right side out and press. Insert Hobby fill to desired fullness and firmness. Hand sew opening closed.
7. Using perle thread and large hand sewing needle hand stitch a border 3cm in from the edge around all sides by taking the needle down from the top/bottom 3cm from the edge and bringing it out on the side 3cm from the edge.
8. Measure 15cm in from each side at the corners (see diagram) and mark using a tailors pencil. Stitch through the cushion from top to bottom and back again 3- 4 times at each markusing a large doll making needle and perle thread.