CHICKY TANGO BABY BIB
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Fabrics are from 'Chicky Tango' range
- 40cm Fabric A - Chicky Tango Trees, coral
- 40cm Fabric B - Chicky Tango Chicks Dr, grey
- 40cm Fabric C - Chicky Tango Floral, grey
- 40cm x 90cm Cotton/bamboo batting
- Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
- Co-ordinating Gutermann Sulky cotton thread for zigzag edge
- Template plastic
- Sew-on Velcro
- Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Sewing machine with 1/4" foot & walking foot
Note: All fabrics should be 100% cotton, washed & pressed. 1/4" seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated. Read all instructions carefully before commencing the project.
- From each of Fabrics A, B & C cut one 10" x 14" rectangle and set aside for the backing. Note - as fabrics are directional 10" is the width.
- From Fabrics A, B & C cut across the remaining width of fabric an assortment of strips in the following widths - 1", 1 1/2", 2", 2 1/2" and 3".
- From batting cut three 10" x 14" rectangles.
Step 1. Sew together assorted size strips of the 3 fabrics - strip piece then cut into various lengths and sew other strips to the edges. Continue sewing strips together to make a 10" x 14" rectangle.
Step 2. Repeat step 1 to make a total of 3 rectangles. Press well.
Step 3. Trace the pattern provided onto the template plastic to make a template for the bib.
Step 4. Position the bib template onto one patchwork rectangle and when happy with the placement, trace around the edge. Carefully cut out the bib shape.
Step 5. Place one backing rectangle right side down with a rectangle of batting on top. Centre the cut out patchwork bib on top and baste together. Quilt as desired.
Step 6. Carefully cut out around the bib, cutting away the excess batting and backing fabric.
Step 7. Use the co-ordinating Gutermann Sulky cotton thread to zigzag around the edge of the bib several times.
Step 8. Cut a small rectangle of hook tape and a matching piece of loop tape. Sew hook tape the top of one strap then sew loop tape to the underneath side of the other strap to match up. Repeat to make two more bibs.