SUKI MCMASTER COT SHEET LINER
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 2m Koala Poplin, navy
- 1.7m x 8mm Elastic
- Matching Gutermann thread
- Pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Safety pin
- Sewing machine
1.5cm seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated.
Read all instructions carefully before commencing the project.
- Cut a rectangle 113cm wide (trim off selvedges) x 178cm long.
- Cut a 23cm square from each corner as in diagram.
- Bring cut edges of first corner together and pin. Sew from corner to outer edge. Repeat for remaining 3 corners. Zigzag or overlock seam.
- To make the casing for the elastic turn under outer edge 1.5cm and press. Turn under a further 1.5cm and press. Topstitch around the edge leaving a 10cm opening in the bottom edge for threading elastic.
- Cut a 162cm length of elastic. Using safety pin thread elastic through the opening into the casing. Thread around the edge back to the opening. Remove pin, overlap ends and zigzag to secure.