WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1m x Plain Satin fabric (PULSE CHARMEUSE SATIN - LOLLY 148cm wide)
- 30cm x Printed Satin Fabric (NOVLTY SATIN GLXY STARMOON - Multi 148cm wide)
- Scissors, pins, measuring tape
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Overlocker (optional)
Standard Pillow Case: 53cm x 80cm or 21" x 31".
- From the plain satin fabric cut 2 rectangles each measuring 54cm x 52cm for the front and back.
- From the printed satin cut 2 rectangles each measuring 52cm x 60 for the cuff front and back.
- Overlock or zig zag stitch all edges of the fabric pieces.
- Pin the printed satin pieces to the plain satin pieces along the 52cm edges. Sew along these seams with a 1cm seam allowance.
- Take one of the pieces of fabric and press a 1cm seam along the 52cm print satin edge. Then fold this piece back onto itself with wrong sides together and pin the pressed edge to line up with the seam sewn in step 4. This will create the front of your pillow case.
- With the other piece fold back and press a 1cm seam allowance along the 52cm edge and sew in place. This will become the envelope section on the back of the pillow case.
- Line up the 2 pieces right sides facing in and pin in place. Fold back the extra fabric from the back panel and pin so it will be captured in the side seams.
- Sew around all the edges, except the opening with a 1cm seam allowance.
- Turn right side out and press. Repeat for more pillow cases!