WATERFALL BLENDER QUILT
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Fabrics are from 'Waterfall Belnders' range
- 20cm Fabric A - Fuchsia
- 40cm Fabric B - Pink
- 70cm Fabric C - Purple (includes binding)
- 40cm Fabric D - Grey
- 40cm Fabric E - Royal
- 40cm Fabric F - Aqua
- 40cm Fabric G - Kiwi
- 40cm Fabric H - Lemon
- 40cm Fabric I - Gold
- 20cm Fabric J - Natural
- 6m Fabric of choice for backing or
- 3m x 250cm wide Backing fabric of choice
- 5m cotton/bamboo batting
- Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
- Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Hand needle
- Sewing machine with ¼" foot & walking foot
All fabrics should be 100% cotton, washed & pressed. ¼" seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated. Read all instructions carefully before commencing the quilt.
45 in x 60 in (114cm x 152cm)
All strips are cut across the width of fabric unless otherwise stated.
- From Fabrics A and J cut 2 x 3" strips.
- From Fabrics B, C, D, E, F, G, H and I cut 4 x 3" strips
- From Fabric C cut 6 x 2½" strips for binding.
Step 1 - Stack strips in order from Fabric A to Fabric J.
Note - Quilt top is worked in columns of 4-patch blocks.
Step 2 - Take 2 Fabric A strips and 2 Fabric B strips. Sew one Fabric A strip to one Fabric B strip lengthways. Repeat for the remaining Fabric A and Fabric B strip to make two A-B strip sets. Press seams towards Fabric A.
Step 3 - Crosscut strip sets into 24 x 3" widths.
Step 4 - Take two 3" widths, pin together with right sides facing and seams matching. Sew together to make an A-B four-patch unit. Repeat to make a total of 12 A-B four-patch units.
Step 5 - Sew the 12 four-patch units together to complete the first column.
Step 6 - Repeat steps 2-5 to make 8 more columns using Fabrics C-B, C-D, E-D, E-F, G-F, G-H, I-H, I-J.
Step 7 - Press seams in each column in one direction alternating the direction in each column.
Step 8 - Sew the columns together matching seams. Press seams in one direction.
Step 9 - Layer the backing, batting and quilt top and baste together. Quilt as desired.
Step 10 - Join the 6 x 2½" binding strips together on the bias to make one long strip. Press in half lengthwise and bind mitering corners. Attach a label or sign and date your quilt.