WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Fabrics are from 'Indigenous Dreaming' range:
- 70cm Fabric A - Goanna Dreaming 1
- 70cm Fabric B - Wedge Tailed Eagle Dreaming
- 1.4m Fabric C - Fire Country Dreaming (includes binding)
- 60cm Fabric D - Mina Mina Dreaming
- 25cm Fabric E - Goanna Dreaming 2
- 50cm Fabric F - Water Dreaming
- 25cm Fabric G - Snake Dreaming
- Backing fabric - 2.4m Dreaming fabric of choice or 1.2m x 250cm wide Backing fabric of choice
- 1.2m Legacy cotton/bamboo batting
- Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
- Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Quilters pencil or marker
- Optional - paper or card for templates
- Hand needle
- Sewing machine with 1/4" foot & walking foot
Note - All fabrics should be 100% cotton, washed & pressed.1/4" seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated. Read all instructions carefully before commencing the quilt.
Note - If desired follow the cutting instructions to create templates for each piece.
Fold fabrics in half lengthways right sides facing and matching selvedges to cut corresponding pieces for Blocks A & B and C & D following cutting instructions diagrams.
- From Fabric A cut pieces 2 & 5
- From Fabric B cut pieces 1 & 4
- From Fabric C cut pieces 3 & 6
- From Fabric D cut pieces 7, 8 & 10
- From Fabric E cut piece 9
- From Fabric F cut piece 11
- From Fabric G cut piece 12
- From Fabric C cut 6 x 2 1/2" strips for binding
Step 1 - Refer to fabric layout diagram to arrange all pieces for all 4 Blocks -A, B, C & D.
Step 2 - Sew together A1 and B1, press. Sew A1-B1 unit to C1, press seam towards C1.
Step 3 - Sew A2 to B2, press. Sew A2-B2 unit to A1-B1-C1 unit and press.
Step 4 - Repeat steps 2 and 3 for Block B.
Step 5 - Sew Block A to Block B matching centre seams. Press seam in on direction.
Step 6 - Sew together C2 and D1, press.
Step 7 - Sew D2 to E, press. Sew D2-E unit to D3, press seam towards D3.
Step 8 - Sew D2-E unit to C-D1 unit, press.
Step 9 - Sew F to Step 8, press seam towards F. Sew G to bottom edge, press seam towards G.
Step 10 - Repeat steps 6 to 9 for Block D.
Step 11 - Sew Block C to Block D matching centre seams. Press seam in opposite direction to Blocks A-B.
Step 12 - Sew Blocks A-B to Blocks C-D.press seam in one direction.
Step 13 - Layer the backing, batting and quilt top and baste together. Quilt as desired.
Step 14 - Join the 6 x 2 1/2" binding strips on the bias to make one long strip. Press in half lengthwise and bind mitering corners. Attach a label or sign and date your quilt.