SAVANNAH DARLINGS QUILT
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Fabrics are from the Savannah Darlings range
- 30cm Fabric A -Giraffe, turquoise
- 30cm Fabric B - Trumpeters, tan
- 30cm Fabric C - All Over, cream 30cm Fabric D - Diamonds, pastel
- 30cm Fabric D - Monkeys, cream
- 30cm Fabric E - Diamonds, pastel
- 60cm Fabric F - Lattice Leaf, blue (includes binding)
- 1.2m Fabric of choice for backing (Lattice Leaf)
- 1.2m Sew Easy cotton/bamboo batting
- Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
- Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Hand needle
- Sewing machine with 1/4 in foot and walking
All strips are cut across the width of fabric unless otherwise stated.
- From each of Fabrics A, B, C, D, E & F cut 2 x 4 1/2" strips (12 strips in total) crosscut each strip into five 4 1/2" x 8" blocks (60 blocks in total).
- From Fabric F cut 5 x 2 1/2" strips for binding.
Randomly arrange the blocks on a large flat surface, 9 columns wide and 6 blocks
Note - There will be 6 blocks left over.
Sew the 6 blocks in each column together to form a strip and press all seams to the bottom of the column.
Lay out the 9 strips offsetting the columns as shown in the diagram but do not cut off
Pin and sew the columns together ensuring the offset columns are correct. Press seams to one side.
Trim top and bottom of quilt top trimming off the excess half block in each column.
Layer backing, batting and quilt top, baste together. Quilt as desired. Join the 5 x 2 1/2" binding strips to make one long strip. Press in half lengthwise and bind mitering corners. Attach a label or sign and date your quilt.