GOSSAMER GARDEN QUILT
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 50cm each of 4 selected fabrics
- 5m main background fabric
- Matching 100% cotton thread
- Rotary cutter, mat and quilters rulers
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Hand needle
- Sewing machine with 1/4" foot and walking foot
60 x 60 inch or 150cm x 150cm
Step 1 - Squares are 7.25 inches crosscut
Step 2 - 3.5 inch in between for border
Step 3 - Wider border 8 inches.
Step 4 - You will need to make 9 large 8 square triangles from the cut triangles below.
Step 5 - Cut 9 - 7.25 inch squares from your selection of 4 fabrics
Step 6 - Crosscut these squares so that you have 18 triangles and match them up in your pattern so that there are 2 triangles in each of your 9 completed 8 large square triangle blocks.
Step 7 - 8 Square Triangle
Step 8 - From your main background fabric cut 3 inch strips for the inner borders of the quilt to go between the large 8 square triangles and cut 8 inch strips for the outer border of the quilt.
Step 9 - Sandwich and Quilt.