FAIRY GARDEN QUILT
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Feature Fabric - If you are not fussy cutting your squares you will need 1.6 metres, however if you are going to fussy cut you will need to add additional fabric dependent on the spacing of the feature fabric.
- Sashing Fabric - 1.5 metres
- Border Fabric - 1.5 metres
- Backing Fabric required to cover full size of quilt measuring 150 x 240cm
- Binding - 70cm
150 x 240 cm
- 39 - 7x7 inch squares (fussy cut to feature fabric)
- 47 - 7x2.5 inch strips - sashing fabric in between feature squares
- Additional 2.5 inch strips to fit between each row
- Cut 7 inch strips of fabric for the longer lengths of the sashing
When piecing this quilt together. It is best to pin all the pieces as when fabric is cut on the bias it can stretch if you place too much pressure on the fabrics when sewing together. This will help to keep everything nicely aligned.
Piece the smaller 7 x 2.5 on the sides of the featured squares, remembering that these squares will be tipped to appear in the quilt on an angle like a diamond.
Even up the edges of the inner part of the quilt then attach the border fabric.
Sandwich and quilt