BASIC SQUARE FLEECE PATCHWORK QUILT
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 35cm Printed Micro Nursery Fleece - Charm, Olive
- 35cm Printed Micro Nursery Fleece - Face, Cream
- 35cm Printed Micro Nursery Fleece - Rainbows, Cream
- 35cm Printed Micro Nursery Fleece - Spots, Stone
- 35cm Printed Micro Nursery Fleece - Animal, White
- 1 metre Minky Dot Fleece
- 1 packet Nu-Wool Cot wadding - 100cm x 120cm
- 4 metres satin blanket binding
Step 1 - Cut 3 x 32cm (12 & 3/4") squares out of each nursery fleece. You should have 15 squares. Arrange the squares in a 3 x 4 pattern (3 columns, 4 rows) on a large flat surface. You will have 3 leftover squares that you do not need.
Step 2 - Make 3 panels by sewing the 4 squares in each column together from top to bottom.
Step 3 - Lay the minky dot fabric face down on a large surface. Place the Nu-Wool wadding on top of the minky dot fabric, trimming off excess wadding. Centre the middle panel face-up on top of the wadding. Place left hand panel, right sides together, on top of centre panel. Pin in place on left hand side of centre panel. Flip fabric out of the way and attach the right-hand panel, in the same way, to the right-hand side of centre panel. Stitch in place, making sure ALL seams meet when they cross (use a walking foot attachment on your machine if possible, to eliminate puckering).
Step 4 - Smooth the panels in place, pin edges and zigzag around the 4 edges.
Step 5 - Ditch-stitch across the 3 rows.
Step 6 - Attach satin blanket binding around edges. (If you haven't done this before, there are some great tutorials on YouTube.)