HAPPY LITTLE TREES CAKE
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Lemon Yellow Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Leaf Green Icing Color, 1 oz. - Green Food Coloring
- Creamy White Decorator Icing, 4 lb. Tub (4 1/2 cups icing needed)
- Kelly Green Gel Food Coloring Icing Color
- Cake Release
- Sky Blue Gel Food Coloring Icing Color
- Moss Green Gel Food Coloring Icing Color
- White Nonpareils Sprinkles
- Favorite cake mix or recipe
- Performance Aluminum Round Cake Pan, 6-inch
- How to Decorate Cakes and Desserts Kit, 39-pieces (9 in. angled spatula, tips 21, 32, 1m and 3 used) or purchase separately from Spotlight.
- Non-Stick Cooling Grid - 14.5 x 20-inch -
- Cooling Rack
- 16-inch Disposable Piping Bags (4 needed)
- Cake Leveler, Small, 10-inch
Step 1 - Bake cake.
Prepare cake batter following recipe instructions. Bake and cool two cake layers. Level, fill and stack layers for 4 in. high cake.
Step 2 - Ice cake.
Ice cake smooth using white icing. Using spatula, create swirl marks on sides of cake.
Step 3 - Tint icing.
Tint 1/2 cup icing light green and 3/4 cup icing chartreuse using color combinations provided. Using Kelly Green icing color, tint 1/2 cup icing dark green. Combine Moss Green and Lemon Yellow icing colors to get chartreuse color shown. Combine Leaf Green and Sky Blue icing colors to get light green color shown. Reserve 1/8 cup icing white.
Step 4 - Prepare decorating bags.
Prepare decorating bag with tip 21 and dark green icing. Prepare second decorating bag with tip 32 and light green icing. Prepare third decorating bag with tip 1M and chartreuse icing.
Step 5 - Decorate cake.
Using all three prepared bags, pipe swirls on top of cake, resembling trees. Sprinkle trees with white nonpareils. Prepare decorating bag with tip 3 and reserved white icing. Pipe dots around sides of cake.