CHRISTMAS SPARKLE TABLE SETTING
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Fabrics are from Xmas Sparkle range
- 80cm Fabric A - Patch, multi
- 1.7m Fabric B - Stars, red (backing)
- 70cm Fabric C - Santa
- 40cm x 250cm wide Batting
- Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
- Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Hand needle
- Sewing machine with 1/4" foot & walking foot
Table Runner - 54" x 13 1/2",Placemats - 15" x 12" (x4)
Note: All fabrics should be 100% cotton, washed & pressed. 1/4" seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated. Read all instructions carefully before
commencing the project.
Table runner and placements have a self binding using the backing fabric.
All strips are cut across the width of fabric unless otherwise stated.
- From Fabric A cut 2 x 13 1/2" strips, crosscut into 4 x 13 1/2" squares for table runner.
- From Fabric C cut 2 x 12" strips, crosscut into 4 rectangles 12" x 15" for placemats.
- From Fabric B cut - 1 x 1" strip, crosscut into 3 x 13 1/2" strips for table runner sashing, 2 x 16" strips, crosscut into 2 x 30" lengths for table runner backing and binding, 2 x 15" strips, crosscut into 4 x 18" lengths for placemats backing and binding.
Step 1. Lay out the 4 x 13 1/2" Fabric A squares alternating the direction of each. Insert a 1" Fabric C sashing strip between each.
Step 2. Sew sashing to sides of squares and press seams towards sashing.
Step 3. Cut a piece of batting 54" x 13 1/2", exactly the same size as the top.
Step 4. With Fabric C backing wrong side up centre batting and pieced top right side up on top. Baste together and quilt as desired.
Step 5. Trim only the backing fabric leaving 1" around all sides of the top for the binding.
Step 6. With table runner right side up, start anywhere around the edge and fold the backing fabric over half way (1/2") towards the front. Fold the backing fabric over again onto the top covering the raw edge and pin.
Step 7. Using the walking foot machine stitch close to the edge of the backing.
PLACEMATS - make 4
Step 8. Cut four 12" x 15" rectangles of batting, same size as Fabric B placemats.
Step 9. With Fabric C backing wrong side up centre batting and placemat top right side up on top. Baste together and quilt as desired.
Step 10. Repeat steps 5-7 to compete the placemats.