CANDY CANE CAKE
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe
- Creamy White Decorator Icing, 4 lb. Tub
- Red Icing Pouch with Tips, 8 oz.
- White Icing Pouch with Tips, 8 oz.
- Performance Aluminum Round Cake Pan, 6-Inch
- Non-Stick Cooling Grid - 14.5 x 20-Inch - Cooling Rack
- Decorator Preferred 13inch Angled Spatula
Step 1 - Bake cake. Prepare cake batter following recipe instructions. Bake and cool three cake layers. Level one layer to 1 in. high. Fill and stack cake layers for 5 in. high cake.
Using creamy decorator icing, ice cake smooth, leaving spatula marks on top of cake.
Step 2 - Decorate cake. Using toothpick, draw candy cane shapes on sides of cake.
Prepare both red and white icing pouches with star tips. Alternating colours use star technique to pipe over toothpick outlines and pipe border around top edge of cake.
Step 3 - Prepare both red and white icing pouches with round tips. Pipe dots randomly around cake.