WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 12 oz (340g) White Candy Melts
- 10 oz (284g) Black Candy Melts (you can use Dark Cocoa if Black is unavailable)
- White Decorator Icing - 4.5 lb.
- Silver Pearl Dust
- Wilton Icing Pouch, Red
- Favorite Yellow Cake Mix or Recipe
- Easy Layers 5-Piece Layer Cake Pan Set, 6-Inch
- 12-Inch Disposable Decorating Bags, 24-Count
- #2A Round Piping Tip
- Knife Plastic Candy Mold
- 8" Cookie Treat Sticks
- Decorator Brush Set
Step 1 - Mold candy knife
Melt black and white Candy Melts, separately, according to package directions. Combine white melted candy with a small amount of black candy to make gray. Fill knife candy mold with black candy for the handle and gray candy for the blade. Refrigerate until set, about 15 to 20 minutes. Unmold and use a decorating brush and Silver Pearl Dust to cover blade. Attach lollipop stick to back of blade with melted candy. Set aside.
Step 2 - Make layered cake
Prepare batter following recipe directions. Divide batter into five equal portions. Bake and cool cake layers in pan set according to pan package instructions.
Step 3 - Ice cake
Use tip 2A and decorating bag filled with white icing to stack and fill layers.
Step 4 - Decorate cake
Insert candy knife into cake top. Squeeze red piping icing between cake layers, dripping down cake sides and around knife on cake top.