SUMMER BLOOMS BUTTERCREAM FLOWER CAKE
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Favorited Cake Mix or Recipe - or use our 1kg or 2kg Vanilla or Chocolate Cake Mix from Roberts Edible Craft
- Creamy White Decorator Icing, 4 lb. Tub
- Lemon Yellow Icing Colour, 1 oz.
- Leaf Green Icing Colour, 1 oz.
- Golden Yellow Icing Colour, 1 oz.
- Sky Blue Icing Colour, 1 oz.
- Moss Green Icing Colour, 1 oz.
- Tapered Spatula
- Non-Stick Cooling Grid - 14.5 x 20-Inch - Cooling Rack
- Performance Pans Aluminium Round Cake Pan, 8-Inch
- Decorator Preferred 9inch Angled Spatula
- Icing Smoother
- 8-Inch Cake Boards
Step 1 - Bake cakes. Prepare cake batter following recipe instructions. Bake and cool three cake layers. Trim one layer to 1 in. high. Level fill and stack for 5 in. high cake.
Step 2 - Tint icing. Using Sky Blue icing colour, tint 1 cup white icing each light blue and dark blue. Using Golden Yellow icing colour, tint 1/4 cup white icing yellow. Tint 1 cup icing each teal and green using colour combinations provided. Combine Sky Blue and Leaf Green icing colours to get teal colour shown. Combine Moss Green, Sky Blue and touch of Lemon-Yellow icing colours to get green colour shown. Reserve remaining icing white.
Step 3 - Ice cake. Using 9 in. angled spatula, swipe light blue, dark blue, green and teal icing randomly around cake. Smooth using icing smoother.
Step 4 - Decorate cake. Using tip of angled spatula and white icing, form flower petals. Using tip of angled spatula and green icing, form leaves. Using tip of tapered spatula, add yellow and green icing to centre of each flower.