RED & GREEN PULL APART CUPCAKES
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe
- Creamy White Decorator Icing, 4 lb. Tub
- Green Icing Pouch with Tips, 8 oz.
- Red Icing Pouch with Tips, 8 oz.
- Non-Stick Cooling Grid - 14.5 x 20-Inch - Cooling Rack
- White Cupcake Liners, 75-Count
- Recipe Right Muffin Pan, 12-Cup Non-Stick Muffin Pan
- Decorator Preferred 9inch Angled Spatula
- Round Cake Decorating Tip 5
- Decorating Bags, 16-Inch Disposable Piping Bags, 12-Count
Step 1 - Bake cupcakes. Prepare cake batter following recipe instructions. Bake and cool cupcakes in white cupcake liners.
Step 2 - Ice cupcakes. Using spatula, ice 17 cupcakes smooth using creamy white icing. Reserve remaining cupcakes for later step.
Step 3 - Decorate cupcakes. Using green icing pouch with round tip, pipe V on each iced cupcake. Using red icing pouch with round tip, pipe small upside-down V inside large V. Using green icing with round tip, pipe two lines extending from end of red V to bottom of cupcake.
Using green icing with round tip, pipe horizontal lines starting from center of V's where red and green lines meet and continuing down to bottom of green V. Arrange cupcakes, red V point upwards, into tree shape.
Step 4 - Decorate the remaining cupcakes as Christmas presents. Using remaining white icing and red and green pouch icings, spatula ice remaining cupcakes smooth.
Prepare decorating bag with tip 5 and creamy white icing. Pipe vertical and horizontal line on green and red cupcakes, forming cross. Pipe bow where cross intersects. Repeat, using red and green icing pouches with round tips, on white cupcakes.