PINEAPPLE PULL APART CAKE
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe
- Lemon Yellow Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Creamy White Decorator Icing, 4 lb. Tub
- Buttercup Yellow Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Kelly Green Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Sky Blue Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Large Leaf Cake Decorating Tip 366
- Recipe Right Muffin Pan, 12-Cup Non-Stick Muffin Pan
- 10 x 14-Inch Rectangular Cake Boards, 6-Piece
- Decorating Bags, 16-Inch Disposable Piping Bags, 12-Count
- Recipe Right Non-Stick Cooling Rack, 3-Tier
- Bright Standard Cupcake Liners, 300-Count
Step 1 - Bake cupcakes. Prepare cake mix following recipe instructions. Bake and cool 16 cupcakes in yellow liners and 6 cupcakes in green liners.
Step 2 - Arrange cupcakes. On cake board or platter, arrange cupcakes into pineapple shape (3 yellow, 4 yellow, 4 yellow, 3 yellow, 2 yellow, 2 green, 2 green, 2 green).
Step 3 - Tint icing. Tint 2 cups white icing green and 3 cups icing yellow using colour combinations provided. Combine Kelly Green and Sky Blue icing colours to get green colour shown. Combine Lemon Yellow and Buttercup Yellow icing colours to get yellow colour shown.
Step 4 - Decorate cupcakes. Prepare decorating bag with tip 366 and green icing. Prepare second decorating bag with tip 6B and yellow icing.
Starting at top with green icing, pipe overlapping pull-out leaves on green-lined cupcakes. Using yellow icing, pipe stars on yellow-lined cupcakes.