DELIGHTFUL DONUT CAKE
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Lemon Yellow Icing Color, 1 oz.
- Leaf Green Icing Color, 1 oz. - Green Food Coloring
- Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, 3.35 oz.
- Creamy White Decorator Icing, 4 lb. Tub
- Candy Melts EZ Thin Dipping Aid
- Orange Candy Melts Candy, 12 oz.
- Candy Decorating Primary Colors Set, 1 oz.
- Turquoise Candy Melts Candy, 12 oz.
- Pink Candy Melts Candy, 12 oz.
- Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe
- Plain donuts (store-bought small and medium donuts, about 12-15 small and 3 medium needed)
- Non-Stick Cooling Grid - 14.5 x 20-Inch - Cooling Rack
- Cake Icing Smoother
- 11" Lollipop Sticks
- 16-Inch Disposable Piping Bags, 12-Count
- Aluminum Round Cake Pan, 6 x 3-Inch
- Decorator Preferred 13-inch Angled Spatula
- Shallow bowls (3 needed)
Bake cake. Prepare cake batter following recipe instructions. Bake and cool two cake layers. Level, fill and stack layers for 6 in. high cake. Crumb coat cake. Chill until set, about 20 minutes.
Tint icing. Tint 31/2 cups icing bright yellow using color combination provided. Combine Lemon Yellow and a tiny bit of Leaf Green icing colors to get bright yellow color shown. Ice cake smooth. Chill until ready to decorate.
Decorate donuts. In three shallow containers, melt Turquoise, Orange and Pink Candy Melts candy with EZ Thin, separately, according to package instructions. Dip donuts into melted candy, topping some with sprinkles and drizzling others with another shade of melted candy in disposable bags. Let set, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Decorate cake. Arrange small donuts around bottom of cake. Dip lollipop sticks into candy, then insert into medium-sized donuts. Chill until set, about 10 to 15 minutes. Insert into top of cake.