CHOCOLATE RUSTIC NAKED CAKE
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2kg Roberts Confectionery Chocolate Mud Cake Mix
- Two 8" x 3" Round Cakes
- Roberts Confectionery Hazelnut Flavour
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 10" round silver Masonite Cake Board
- Berries, Nuts and Fruit
- Fresh or Imitation Flowers - Optional
- Florist Wire and Tape - Optional
- Cake Discs and Dowels - Optional
Line the base and sides of each cake tin with baking paper. Make sure the paper around the sides is raised 2-2 1/2cm above the top of the tin.
Follow the detailed instructions on the back of the cake mix packet to make 2 separate batches of the 1kg recipe.
Pour one batch into each 8" cake tin. Bake according to instructions.
Flavour Swiss Meringue Buttercream with drops of Hazelnut Flavour. Alternatively choose another Flavour Oil or Flavour Colour from the Roberts range.
Slice each cake into three or four even layers. Secure the first layer onto the cake board using a small amount of buttercream icing. Stack and fill layers with piped buttercream.
Tip: To create a perfectly straight even cake every time, use a small spirit level. For extra support when making this style of cake it&rsquos best to use Cake Discs and Dowels between cakes.
Use a clean dry pastry brush to dust off loose cake crumbs.  Cover the entire cake with a thin layer of Buttercream. This is called the "Crumb Coat". Refrigerate until set.
Cover the cake with a second layer of buttercream. Use a wide spatula or scraper to smooth the sides to reveal cake layers.
Decorate with Berries, Nuts and Fruit.
Wire and tape flowers. Form a bouquet, secure tightly using Florist Tape. Do not insert flowers directly into the cake.  Attach a piece of Fondant to the cake and insert wired flowers. Alternatively use Straws, Cake Flower Spikes or lay bouquet on a piece of baking paper.
- If using fresh flowers consult a florist to ensure they are suitable for cake display.
- If using imitation flowers ensure coloured dyes won&rsquot affect the icing.
- Adjust the amount of cake layers depending on the size of the flowers you are using.