|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
AUSTRALIAN PROTEA CAKE
What you'll need:
- 8-inch Mondo Pro roundcake pan
- 12-inch Mondo cake board
- Mondo buttercream scraper
- Mondo cranked spatula (optional)
- Mondo cake turntable (optional)
- Over the Top white buttercream
- Over the Top edible gold leaf
- Spotlight faux flowers - 1 x king protea, 4 x eucalyptus sprays green/pink, 4 x eucalyptus flower spray
Step 1 - Using the 8-inch cake pan, bake 3 or 4 layers of your favourite flavoured cake. Let them cool ready for decorating and trim to level.
Step 2 - Spread a small amount of white buttercream in the centre of the 8-inch cake board and place the first layer of the cake on top of the buttercream on the cake board.
Step 3 - Cover the cake layer's top with buttercream and place the next cake on top of the cake layer. Repeat process.
Step 4 -Once all cake layers have been placed, cover the whole cake with a thin layer of white buttercream, smoothing out the sides with a smoother or cranked spatula.
Step 5 - Cut your faux flowers to the desired length and wrap the ends with green floral tape. Place the King Protea on the top of the cake off-centre. Then place the eucalyptus sprays around the King Protea. Place some eucalyptus pink flowers at the bottom of the cake on the opposite side.