ANCASH HASINA BAG
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Boho Ancash hasina fabric for front & back of bag
- Black duck fabric for lining & straps
- Black fringe lace
- Magnet button
- Matching thread
Step 1. First cut the panels as per required size keeping 5cm seam allowance as below.
- Cut 1 panel of 45cm wide & 40cm long in half-moon shape from ANCASH HASINA Fabric.
- Cut 1 panel of 45cm wide & 75cm long in Oval shape from ANCASH HASINA fabric.
- Cut same 2 panels as above size from Black Duck fabric for inner lining.
- Cut 1 panel of 7x132cm from Black Duck fabric for Strap.
- Cut a running piece of Black fringe lace of 110cm.
Step 2. Take both panels of 45x40cm (Ancash Hasina & Black Duck) place pieces together, keeping the black fringe between them along the curved edge and stitch together the curved edge and sides. Turn fabric right side out and use an iron to press down seam allowance along top straight edge. Pin and top stitch in place.
Step 3. Take both panels of 45x75cm oval shapes (Ancash Hasina & Black Duck) place pieces together and stitch together around entire oval shape leaving a small gap to turn fabric through to the right side. Once turned through press with iron and hand stitch small opening close.
Step 4. Now you can assemble the bag. Place the smaller piece with fringe at the bottom of the oval panel with the right side of the fabric facing in and the black duck side on the outside. Pin along the curved edge and sew leaving a 1cm seam allowance. This will create the "bag" part of your bag, while the top side of the long oval piece will create the closing flap.
Step 5. Now Trifold the panels of black duck fabric (7x132cm) to create the straps. Fold and press with the iron along the length side and top stitch to make straps of 2.5cm wide.
Step 6. Attach the straps to the inside of the bag at the side seams.
Step 7. Attach the magnet button on bottom of flap & front panel of the bag to finish.