JUST BEAD IT BEADED HANDBAG
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Just Bead It Rnd Brass 8In Bd Strnd, Gunmtl, 5mm 9312271048621 x 9 strands
- Just Bead It Glss Fct Rndlle Bd Strnd, Hema, 4 x 6mm 9312271048751 x 1 strand
- Just Bead It Pearl Bd Strnd, Gld, 6mm 9312271052451 x 7 strands
- Just Bead It Pearl Bd Strnd, Gld, 8mm 9312271052253 x 1 strand
- Just Bead It Glss Pearl Bd Strnd, Ivry, 3mm 9312271050358 x 8 strands
- Just Bead It Glss Fct Rnd Bd Strnd, Prpl, 15mm 9312271055063 x 1 strand
- Just Bead It Glss Fct Rnd Bd Strnd, Prpl, 15mm 9312271055063 x 3 strands
- Just Bead It Glss Fct Rndlle Bd Strnd, Rbow, 8 x 10mm 9312271048867 x 3 strands
- Just Bead It Glss Fct Rndlle Bd Strnd, Rbow, 4 x 6mm 9312271048874 x 3 strands
- Just Bead It Rnd Brass 8In Bd Strnd, Rse Gld, 8mm 9312271048577 x 6 strands
- Just Bead It Rnd Brass 8In Bd Strnd, Slvr, 6mm 9312271048591 x 4 strands
- Just Bead It Seed Bd Hank 12Strnd, Matt Gld, 1.9mm 9312271033900
- Interfacing and Felt
- Needle and Thread
- 2 jump rings
Step 1 - Cut two heart shapes out of stiff interfacing and two out of the felt. Also cut one strip of 2.5cm in interfacing and felt.
Step 2 - Draw 3 9cm circles on the interfacing as a stitch guild.
Step 3 - The start of the bead embroidery: attach the thread to the interfacing and come through to the front, pick-up 5 small pearl and attach along the line of the circle.
Step 4 - Come back out of the interfacing at the junction of the 2nd and 3rd pearl from the start. Push the needle through the last 3 pearls. Continue this pattern till the circle has been completed.
Step 5 - Place the needle on the inside of your newly created ring of pearls. Pick up 4 large pearls and start the next ring. Complete this row just like the first row.
Step 6 - Do the same with the black beads, start with 4 beads and work it around the circle. Continue the next rows following the finished bag picture. The beads start to repeat till you get to the end of the black beads. To complete the circle place the last bead in the centre. This is the first completed circle. You will need to do this 5 more times to complete both sides of the bag.
Step 7 - The circles are interconnected and should be positioned like the below diagram.
Step 8 - Now it is time to embellish around the edges. The next set of images will show how it was completed.
Step 9 - Put your thread in the start position, then pick up the seed bead with the needle also. Place the needle just in the large bead only, the seed bead will be locking the bead down. Continue in this manner for the rest of the embellishment, filling all the gaps as you go along.
Step 10 - Now that both sides have been completed it is time to do the strap section. This strap will go between the 2 bag sections. Use the large pearls with seed beads at each end. Continue with the beading till you have reached the end of the strap.
Step 11 - The next step is to glue the beading to the felt. With the heart shapes glue about 1cm inside the edge, with the strap glue right down the middle.
Step 12 - It is now time to join all the pieces together. Here you pick up 1 seed bead then one small pearl and 1 seed bead. Stitch them on and come back through the beads to secure. Place your needle in the start position and continue till you have gone right around the 3 sides to secure the strap. You will need to do this on both sides to form your bag section.
Step 13 - This is the final section to be beaded. You need to catch 2 layers and bond them together. The fun bit is to add the chain to the edge of the strap.
Step 14 - Here 3 beads are used to secure the chain to the bag. To do this use the same stitch you have been to enclose the top of the bag but incorporate the chain and stitch it down and through the chain link. Make sure you have the chain opening up and not down into the bag.
Step 15 - Do the other side of the bag with the chain attachment and you are complete.