WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Simplicity pattern #2230
- Prints Charming fabric
- Prima homespun fabric for contrast neckline
- DMC embroidery floss
- Matching Guutermann 100% cotton thread
- Embroidery needle
- Tape measure
- Sewing machine
Refer to pattern for quantities.
1. Cut out all pattern pieces in required size, pin to fabric and cut out.
2. Make kaftan according to pattern instructions.
3. Using all six strands of DMC floss threads, detail in running stitch around the neckline.
Bring the needle over and under the fabric, making sure the upper stitches are of equal length. The under stitches also need to be of equal length but half the length of the upper ones.