SCANDI NO SEW WREATH
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Fabrics are from 'Scandi Christmas' range
- 20cm Fabric A - Pine Tree, red/natural
- 20cm Fabric B - PineTree, natural/red
- 20cm Fabric C - Partridge, red/natural
- 20cm Fabric D - Partridge, natural/red
- 20cm Fabric E - Spot, red/natural
- 20cm Fabric F - Spot, natural/red
- 20cm Fabric G - Mini Star, natural/red
- 20cm Fabric H - Stars, green/natural
- 20cm Fabric I - Festive, green/natural
- 20cm Fabric J - Plain Green
- 50cm Fabric K - Plain Red
- 250mm Acrylic ring, natural
- Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
Read all instructions carefully before commencing the project.
All strips are cut across the width of fabric unless otherwise stated.
From each of Fabrics A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J & K cut 2 x 2" (5cm) strips (22 strips in total). Crosscut strips into 10" lengths.
From Fabric F cut 42 x 1" strips.
Step 1 - Take 1 x 1" Fabric F strip and leaving a 5" tail, tie fabric around the acrylic ring. With fabric on a bias angle (45�), wrap fabric around the ring slightly overlapping the fabric as you go. Continue wrapping and overlapping around the ring. To start the second 1" strip, wrap and overlap the last few wraps to secure and continue wrapping and overlapping back to the start. Tie the end to the 5" tail and leaving a 4" tail cut off excess and set aside.
Step 2 - Take the 2" strips and alternating fabrics, tie and knot around the covered ring. Continue adding fabric strips bunching them close together until the ring is fully covered.
Step 3 - Using the scissors snip into the end of each strip and tear up to the ring. This makes the wreath look fuller and gives a more natural look.
Step 4 - To hang, decide which way you want your wreath to hang and tie the leftover 1" fabric strip around the wreath at the top. Bring ends together and knot at desired length. Trim off excess fabric strip.