METALLIC CHRISTMAS JELLY ROLL RAG QUILT
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Metallic Xmas Jelly Rolls - Cream/Gold, White/Silver, Red/Gold, Green/Gold,
- 20 (11/2" x 40") strips Legacy cotton/bamboo batting
- Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
- Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Sewing machine with 1/4" foot & walking foot
1/4" seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated.
Read all instructions carefully before commencing the quilt.
Quilt measures: 32 1/2" x 40" (83cm x 102cm) strips
- Select 20 assorted strips from the jelly rolls.
- Centre a 11/2" x 40" strip of batting on the wrong side of each strip. Sew batting to strip down the centre.
- Select another 20 assorted strips from the jelly rolls as the backing strips.
- 4. With backing strip wrong side up place front strip on top right side up so that batting is between.
Arrange strips in desired order. Pin together in pairs with backing strips together. Note - the seam will be on the right side at the front.
- Sew pairs together keeping order correct. Then sew pairs together making 5 sets of 4, continue sewing sets together until top is completed.
7. Trim sides to straighten then sew around all sides using 1/4" seam allowance.
- Wash and dry to fray the seams.