Spotlight Scratch ‘n’ Save
Terms and Conditions
Item 1: Promotion name
Spotlight Scratch ‘n’ Save (Promotion)
Item 2: Promoter
Spotlight Pty Ltd ABN 39 564 861 886 of Level 6, 111 Cecil Street, South Melbourne VIC 3205.
Item 3: Authorisation
NSW: TP/02793 NTP/08108
Item 4: Promotion Period
The Promotion starts at 12.01am AEST on Wednesday 6th December 2023 and closes at 11.59pm AEST on Sunday 24th December 2023 (Promotion Period).
Item 5: Entry Requirements
· Entry is open to Australian residents, aged 18 years or older at the commencement of the Promotion.
· Directors, officers and employees (and their immediate family members) of the participating retail outlets, agencies and companies directly associated with this promotion and the Promoter are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
Item 6: Prizes
· One Scratch ‘n’ Save voucher (Promotion Vouchers) per Participant per day. Scratching the panel on the Promotion Voucher will reveal the prize to the Participant. Promotion Vouchers are realisable during the Promotion Period.
· Each Promotion Voucher will entitle the Participant to a discount on a sales transaction (Transaction) made during the Promotion Period of either:
(a) a percentage off the value of the Transaction (up to a maximum of 20% off) (Percentage Discount Vouchers); or
(b) a dollar value off the value of the Transaction (up to a maximum of $5 off) (Dollar Value Discount Vouchers).
· The value of the discount will be set out in the Promotion Voucher.
· There are 169,882 Percentage Discount Vouchers available for issue.
· There are 84,942 Dollar Value Discount Vouchers available for issue valued collectively at $424,710.00.
· The maximum number of Promotion Vouchers available for distribution is 254,824 (Voucher Limit) and the total value of the prize pool is $424,710.00.
· Promotion Vouchers that are not redeemed within the Promotion Period will be forfeited.
Item 7: How to participate
· Promotion Vouchers will be distributed with the Promotor’s catalogue via direct mail to Participants on the Promotor’s mailing list on or around Wednesday 6th December 2023.
· Present a Promotion Voucher at any participating store of the Promoter (including its online store) during the Promotion Period to receive the discount set out in the Promotion Voucher, subject to any restrictions set out in these Terms and Conditions (including the maximum value of the Transaction).
· If the Promotion Voucher is a Percentage Discount Voucher, the maximum allowable value of each Transaction after all discounts is $5,000.
· If the Promotion Voucher is a Dollar Value Discount Voucher, then the value of the Transaction must be equal to or more than $10. If the prize is a percentage discount, then no minimum spend is required.
Item 8: Prize value determination
· The number and value of the prizes set out in the Promotion Vouchers is determined by the Promoter’s marketing team before the Promotion Period and will be concealed at the time the Promotion Vouchers are printed.
· The Promotion Vouchers are allocated randomly to each of the Promoter’s sales channels (i.e. instore and online) in quantities which reflect the projected transactions for that sales channel during the Promotion Period.
1. This Promotion is administered by the Promoter and authorised under the permit numbers listed in item 3 of the table above.
2. Participation in this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Promotion runs for the Promotion Period.
Who can participate
4. Any person who attends the Promoter’s retail store(s) during the Promotion Period and meets the Entry Requirements is eligible to participate in the Promotion (Participant).
How to participate
5. Each Participant may redeem a maximum of one Promotion Voucher per day.
6. All Promotion Vouchers must be redeemed during the Promotion Period. No Promotion Vouchers will be accepted for redemption after this time.
7. A Promotion Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (including team member discounts and Bargain Guarantee). Promotion Vouchers cannot be used for clearance, Hot Buys, Shopping Bags, Drinks, gift card purchases, existing lay-by payments, 2 Day Deals, Paper Craft Machines, Sewing Machines & Overlockers, Home Electrical Appliances, Raco & Scanpan products, Cut to Size Blind Services, Made To Measure Curtains & Blinds orders or payments. Not to be used in conjunction with any other voucher, coupon, Bargain Guarantee or team member discount.
8. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in the value of the prize occurring between the date the Promotion Voucher is issued and the date it is redeemed.
9. All Promotion Vouchers are single use and must be surrendered by Participants on redemption.
10. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion does not, or is not, capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, acting reasonably, reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or invalidate any affected Promotion Vouchers, subject to the approval of any relevant regulatory authorit
11. Without limiting paragraph 10, in the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or suspend or modify a prize, subject to the approval of any relevant regulatory authority.
12. In the event of a printing error or other quality control matters, the Promoter may deem the value of the Promotion Voucher(s) affected by the error to be the maximum discount available under the Promotion, being, in the event of a Percentage Discount Voucher, 20% and in the event of a Dollar Discount Voucher, $5. The Promoter otherwise assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, problems or technical malfunction of any aspect of the Promotion including loss or theft of Promotion Vouchers, traffic congestion at its stores, the Voucher Limit being reached or any combination thereof, including any loss, injury or damage sustained or incurred by Participants. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) any costs incurred.
13. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not use printing errors and other quality control matters as a reason for refusing payment of prizes and in the event of any such error, the Promoter will work with the various state and territory regulators to provide a reasonable and appropriate solution.
14. For each prize valued at over $250, the initial of the first name, last name and the postcode of each winner will be published within 30 days of the draw on the Promotor’s website.
15. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any Promotion Voucher to be cancelled or suspended and/or prohibit further participation by a Participant in this Promotion, if the Participant, in the Promoter’s opinion:
(a) has tampered with, or intends to benefit from any tampering with, the operation of the Promotion;
(b) is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, is behaving aggressively or disruptively and/or acting in a manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or
(c) engages in conduct whilst participating in the Promotion, which in the Promoter’s opinion may be fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, contrary to law or is generally considered to be inappropriate or potentially damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter.
16. All Promotion Vouchers will be the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
17. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. If a Participant does not redeem an element of a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the Participant and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a Participant or any other party if any prize (or any part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason.
18. The Promoter’s decisions in connection with the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Promoter and its related bodies corporate and representatives including its officers, affiliates, agents, employees and suppliers (the “Released Parties”) and any third parties associated with this Promotion (including Meta, if the Promotion is conducted or promoted via the Facebook and/or Instagram platforms) will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss, which includes loss of revenue and loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), under statute, in equity or otherwise) in connection with this Promotion, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law).
20. Each Participant releases the Released Parties from all liability, loss and damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, any prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law).
21. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from any prize winnings. Where the Promotions involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
23. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Participants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.