CARON PANTONE BRIOCHE KNIT COWL
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 'Caron x Pantone' 100g braids: Version 1 or Version 2 - Purple Pops (01017) x 1 braid, Strawberry Chill (01019) x 1 braid
- 6mm circular knitting needle 40cm long or size needed to obtain correct tension.
- Stitch marker
VERSION 1 COLOUR SEQUENCE
- Colour 1 - 13-3406, 16-3307, 18-3838, 16-0737, 19-4324
- Colour 2 - 14-1210, 14-4809, 18-1755, 18-1633, 19-5408
VERSION 2 COLOUR SEQUENCE
- Colour 1 - 14-1210, 14-4809, 16-0737, 19-4324, 19-5408
- Colour 2 - 18-3838, 16-3307, 13-3406, 18-1755, 18-1633
Finished Size (approx.): 71cm around x 38cm deep
14 sts and 30 rows to 10 cm in pat using 6mm needles
Approx = Approximate(ly), Beg = Begin(ing), Cont = Continue(ity), K = Knit, K2tog = Knitnext 2 stitches together, Pat = Pattern, P2tog = Purl next 2 stitches together, PM = Place marker, Rep = Repeat, Rnd = Round, Sl1Pwyif = Slip next stitch purlwise, with yarn held in front of work, St(s) = Stitch(es), Yo = Yarn over
Notes - Before working with Caron� x Pantone� multishade yarn braid, separate each color link and wind into 5 separate balls for each braid.
Each color link will be referenced by its Pantone� color # (see label).
Due to finite amount of yarn in each shade, pattern tension must be matched to ensure successful results.
With Color 1 (beg at left, as indicated in Materials section), cast on 72 sts. PM. Join to beg working in rnd, being careful not to twist sts.
1st round - K1. Sl1Pwyif. yo. Rep from around.
2nd round - With Color 2 (shown directly below Color 1), Sl1Pwyif. yo. P2tog (slipped st and yo). Rep from around. Drop Color 2, Pick up Color 1.
3rd round - With Color 1, K2tog (slipped st and yo). Sl1Pwyif. yo. Rep from around. Drop Color 1, Pick up Color 2. Using same pair of Colors, rep last 2 rnds 8 times more for pat. Break both Color 1 and 2. Keeping cont of pat, rep these 2 rnds using next pair of Color 1 and Color 2 shades (as shown) to last pairing, ending on a 2nd rnd. Break Color 2.
Next round - With Color 1, K2tog (slipped st and yo). K1. Rep from around.
Cast off knitwise.