Returns & Exchanges
Spotlight Returns Policy
Our returns policy is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law because we want you to be happy with your purchase. Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Change of mind returns
Spotlight will accept change-of-mind returns for products (including pillows, bedding, costumes, wigs & paper patterns) provided that:
- Goods are returned or exchanged within 28 days from the purchase date (exclusions apply). After this period you may not be entitled to a refund or exchange.
- You produce your original Spotlight register receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase at the time you return the item.
- The goods are in the original packaging, including any accessories and instruction manuals.
- The goods are in it's original condition and not been used or damaged in any way.
- The product is not one of which a change of mind return is not available (see below).
Spotlight reserves the right to assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to offering a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused.
Goods on which a change of mind return is not available
Spotlight will not accept the return of items from the following categories under the change of mind returns policy under any circumstances:
- Cut lengths of fabric, lace or ribbon
- Clearance items
- Bridal fabric
- Sewing Machines & Overlockers
- Cricut Machines
- Silhouette Machines
- All Made to Measure or custom products (including but not limited to curtains, blinds, tracks, shutters and awnings)
Spotlight will accept product returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund or repair where:
- The product is faulty or is not of acceptable quality, or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present your Spotlight register receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase.
Spotlight may elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. Spotlight reserves the right not to offer an exchange, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
Claims for compensation or reasonable expenses incurred in returning your purchase should be addressed to our Customer Service team at the address below and need to be accompanied with supporting evidence.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Spotlight reserves the right to:
Assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused.
- Your original Spotlight register receipt or online tax invoice are the best form of proof of purchase
- Refunds will be issued using your original payment method
- Gift and e-Gift cards are not redeemable for cash
Your nearest Spotlight
If you live a long way from your nearest Spotlight store, we recommend contacting Spotlight Customer Service on 1300 305 405 for assistance prior to travelling to Spotlight to return your item. Remember also, when returning items in accordance with Spotlight’s Return Policy you don’t need to return to the store of purchase, you can attend any Spotlight store.
How to return a product ordered on Spotlight Online
Products ordered online with Spotlight can be returned to our stores. You will need your online tax invoice (email receipt) as information on this is needed as proof of purchase. For change of mind return/exchange, delivery fee is non-refundable. If you are unable to visit your local Spotlight store, we recommend contacting Spotlight Customer Service on 1300 305 405.