SPOTLIGHT RETURNS POLICY
If your local store is temporarily closed for in-store shopping due to COVID-19 restrictions, please be assured you are welcome to return your purchase in store once restrictions are lifted. For all further information on returns, please see below.
All goods purchased from Spotlight come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If there is a problem with an item you have purchased from Spotlight you can return it to us. Upon assessment, Spotlight will offer a full refund or replacement if there is major problem with the item. We may offer of a repair or replacement if the problem is not major.
You must provide us with your proof of purchase (e.g. your Spotlight receipt, online tax invoice, credit card or bank statements). Any refund will be provided via the same method of payment as the original purchase.
Our change of mind returns policy set out below is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law because we want you to be happy with your purchase.
Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Change of mind returns
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind about your purchase, Spotlight will offer you a refund provided that:
- You return the item within 28 days from the purchase date. After this period you may not be entitled to a refund or exchange.
- You produce your original Spotlight receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase when returning the item.
- The item has not been used or damaged in any way including that:
- It is in the original packaging, including any accessories and instruction manuals; and
- It is unworn, unopened, unused and in its original condition.
- The item is not one of the goods listed below as a good for which a change of mind return is not available.
All Change of Mind refunds are issued at the discretion of Spotlight. We reserve the right to refuse a refund for a Change of Mind request if it does not comply with these conditions.
Goods on which a change of mind return is not available
Spotlight will not accept the return of items from the following categories under the change of mind returns policy under any circumstances:
- Cut lengths of fabric, lace or ribbon
- Clearance items
- Bridal fabric
- Sewing Machines & Overlockers
- Cricut Machines
- Silhouette Machines
- All Made to Measure or custom made goods (including but not limited to curtains, blinds, tracks, shutters and awnings)
- Online Only orders or goods which are marked as “Online Only” or “Special Order”
How to return goods purchased in store
Returns for goods purchased in store may be done by returning the goods (as per this policy) to your nearest Spotlight store.
If you live a long way from your nearest Spotlight store, we recommend contacting Spotlight Customer Service on 1300 305 405 for assistance prior to travelling to Spotlight to return your item.
Remember also, when returning items in accordance with this policy you don’t need to return to the store of purchase, you can attend any Spotlight store.
How to return goods ordered online
Excluding returns of Online Only orders (see applicable terms), goods ordered online with Spotlight can be returned to our stores.
If you are unable to visit your local Spotlight store, we recommend contacting Spotlight Customer Service on 1300 305 405.
Returning goods by post
Spotlight is not responsible for any postage costs associated with returned goods, except in cases where the items have been recalled or you are entitled to a remedy under the Australian Consumer Law.
We recommend that you obtain proof of postage to track your return as Spotlight cannot accept responsibility for items lost in transit. Please contact your delivery provider to locate your parcel.
In order to process your return we may request and record your ID and personal information.