LION BRAND LANDSCAPES PONCHO
Project Name: Lion brand Landscapes Poncho
About 20 x 52 in. (51 x 132 cm), before folding
What you'll need:
- Lion Brand® Landscapes®
- 6 balls
- Crochet hook size 6.5 mm
- Stitch markers
- Scissors and yarn needle
1 ripple = about 10 cm measured from peak to peak.
Tr2tog (treble crochet 2 sts together) (Yarn over, insert hook in next st and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops) twice, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook - 1 st decreased.
About 51cm x 132cm before folding.
- Poncho is made from a rectangle worked in a ripple pattern.
- The rectangle is folded, then 2 edges are crocheted together leaving an opening to make the neck.
- A border is crocheted around the neck and the outside edges of the Poncho.
- This project is worked in a ripple crochet pattern. The ripple pattern is easy to do, but it's important to remember that you may need to work several rows before the ripple pattern becomes clear.
- The ripple in this design is created by working (tr2tog) twice to form 'valleys' and working (2 tr in each of next 2 sts) to form 'peaks'. In each row, take care to work (tr2tog) twice over each 'valley' and (2 tr in each of next 2 sts) in the 2 sts at center of each 'peak.'
Row 1: Tr in 4th ch from hook (3 skipped ch count as first tr), tr in next 3 ch, (tr2tog) twice, tr in next 3 ch, *2 tr in in each of next 2 ch, tr in next 3 ch, (tr2tog) twice, tr in next 3 ch