LION BRAND LANDSCAPES PONCHO
Project Name: Lion brand Landscapes Poncho
About 20 x 52 in. (51 x 132 cm), before folding
What you'll need:
- Lion Brand® Landscapes®
- 6 balls
- Crochet hook size 6.5 mm
- Stitch markers
- Scissors and yarn needle
1 ripple = about 10 cm measured from peak to peak.
Tr2tog (treble crochet 2 sts together) (Yarn over, insert hook in next st and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops) twice, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook - 1 st decreased.
About 51cm x 132cm before folding.
- Poncho is made from a rectangle worked in a ripple pattern.
- The rectangle is folded, then 2 edges are crocheted together leaving an opening to make the neck.
- A border is crocheted around the neck and the outside edges of the Poncho.
- This project is worked in a ripple crochet pattern. The ripple pattern is easy to do, but it's important to remember that you may need to work several rows before the ripple pattern becomes clear.
- The ripple in this design is created by working (tr2tog) twice to form 'valleys' and working (2 tr in each of next 2 sts) to form 'peaks'. In each row, take care to work (tr2tog) twice over each 'valley' and (2 tr in each of next 2 sts) in the 2 sts at center of each 'peak.'
Row 1: Tr in 4th ch from hook (3 skipped ch count as first tr), tr in next 3 ch, (tr2tog) twice, tr in next 3 ch, *2 tr in in each of next 2 ch, tr in next 3 ch, (tr2tog) twice, tr in next 3 ch, rep from * to last ch, 2 tr in last ch - at the end of Row 1 you will have 5 ripples.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as tr), turn, tr in first st, tr in next 3 sts, (tr2tog) twice, tr in next 3 sts, *2 tr in each of next 2 sts, tr in next 3 sts, (tr2tog) twice, tr in next 3 sts, rep from * to beg ch, 2 tr in top of beg ch.
Rep Row 2 until piece measures about 132 cm from beg.
Do not fasten off.
Ch 1, turn, dc in each st to last st, 3 dc in last st, work dc evenly spaced along one long side of rectangle to next corner, working in opposite side of foundation ch, 3 dc in first ch, dc in each ch across to next corner.
Fold piece in half to measure about 51 x 66 cm
Place a marker on the 66 cm side that does not have an edging, 28 cm from fold.
Join yarn with a sl st at unfolded end of piece. Work dc evenly spaced through both thicknesses up to marker to join this edge. Beg at marker, work dc evenly spaced around open edge for neck.
Weave in ends.