LION BRAND LANDSCAPES CROCHET COWL
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 'Lion Brand' Landscapes 100g balls:
- 209 Wild Flowers x 1 ball (A), 211
- Coral Reef x 1 ball (B).
- A 6.50mm crochet hook or size required for correct tension.
- Scissors, yarn needle, tape measure
Circumference (approx) cm 137
Depth (approx) cm 21
12 sts to 10cm over 2nd and 3rd rows of patt, using 6.50mm hook.
1. Cowl is made in one piece with 2 colours of yarn and then sewn up.
2. To change yarn colour, work last st of old colour to last yarn over. Yarn over with new colour and draw through all loops on hook to complete st. Proceed with new colour.
Using 6.50mm hook and A, make 24ch.
1st row - Dc in 2nd ch from hook, * 1ch, sk next ch, dc in next ch, rep from * to end ... you will have 12 dc and 11 1ch sps in this row.
2nd row - 3ch (counts as tr), turn, 2tr in each 1ch sp to last dc, tr in last dc ... Eleven 2-tr groups and a tr at beg and end of row.
3rd row - 1ch, turn, dc in first sp between sts (before first 2-tr group), * 1ch, dc in next sp between 2-tr groups rep from * across, working last dc in sp foll last 2-tr group (before beg 3ch) ... 12 dc and 11 1ch sps. With A, rep 2nd and 3rd rows until there is not enough A remaining to work another row. Change to B in last st of last A row. With B, cont to rep 2nd and 3rd rows until almost all of B has been used, ending with a 2nd row. Fasten off, leaving a long end of yarn for finishing.
DO NOT PRESS. Using a flat seam and long end, join first and last rows tog to form Cowl.