LION BRAND MANDALA SCARF
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Lion Brand Mandala Ombre 1 ball
- 1 pair knitting needles size 4 mm
- 1 stitch holder
- Scissors and yarn needle
- Spare knitting needle size 4 mm
Approx 16.5 x 84 cm unstretched
39 sts = 10 cm over pattern.
1. This Scarf begins as two separate halves. The halves are joined and worked in one piece, then are separated into halves again to work the last 6.5 cm of the Scarf.
2. A 3-needle bind off joins the ends of the Scarf and creates a keyhole opening.
Cast on 32 sts.
Row 1: *K4, p4, rep from * across.
Row 2: Knit the knit sts and purl the purl sts across.
Rep Row 2 until piece measures approx 21.5 cm from beg. Slip sts onto spare needle and set aside.
Cast on and make same as First Half, but do not slip sts to spare needle.
Knit the knits and purl the purls across the needle being sure that the last 4 sts on the right hand needle are knits AND the first 4 sts on the spare needle are purls or vice versa, work across the sts from the spare needle. Total of 64 sts on needle.
Cont to rep Row 2 until piece measures about 56 cm above joining.
Rep Row 2 across 32 sts, slip remaining 32 sts onto a holder.
Continue to rep Row 2 across 32 sts for 6.5 cm, then slip sts to spare needle.
Slip sts from holder back onto needle and work second half same as first, but do not slip sts to spare needle. With RS together, hold in one hand the needle with sts for the second half and the spare needle with the sts for the first half. With a 3rd needle, knit together 1 st from each needle, *knit together 1 st from each needle, pass first st worked over 2nd to bind off, rep from * across. Cut yarn and pull through remaining st to secure.
Weave in yarn ends.