|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
MATCHING MEMORY GAME
What you'll need:
- 25cm your choice of fabric for cards backing
- 25cm x width of fabric white background for the front of the cards
- A mix of fun quilting prints (8 sets of 2 identical fun prints: each piece is 2.5"x 2.5")
- Pinking sheers
- Sewing machine
- Rotary cutter and ruler
Step 1- You will need a set of three pieces of fabric to make one finished piece.
- 1 backing square 3.5" x 3.5" (total 16 squares needed).
- 1 background square5" x 3.5" (total 16 squares needed).
- 1 print square 2.5"x2.5" (total 16 needed in 8 different prints. You will need to cut these with care to ensure they are identical) once cut, use pinking shears to cut around the edge to reduce fraying.
Step 2- Take one background square and centre the printed fabric on top. Pin or glue baste to hold while you sew around the edge.
Step 3- Take a backing square and place the right sides together with the square you have just sewn. Sew around all edges leaving a small gap on one side for turning through.
Step 4- Turn your sewn square right sides out and press. Edge stitch close to the edge all the way around, closing the gap in the process.
Step 5- Repeat steps for all 8 prints, making two total units from each print.