Looking for sewing patterns to start working on your next project? Then shop from Spotlight's massive collection of patterns online or in-store today!
3181 items found.
Discover A Wonderful Range Of Sewing Patterns At Spotlight
Sew with confidence using any of the amazing sewing patterns from Spotlight! Our range of sewing patterns includes both sewing patterns for beginners and experts, with detailed guides for creating clothing, accessories and toys. Each pattern you buy comes with multiple variations and options so you can create the outfit that most appeals to you. Make sure to browse our range of fabric by the metre to find the perfect material for your sewing project!
The kinds of sewing patterns you can find at Spotlight
You can choose from a truly enormous range of sewing patterns at Spotlight, including:
- Patterns for men: We have patterns to make men's shirts, jackets, pants, shorts, coats, sleepwear, sportswear and special occasion outfits.
- Patterns for women: You can choose from patterns for women's dress outlines, tops, pants, skirts, shirts, jackets, rompers, coats, sleepwear, sportswear, bridalwear, swimwear, special occasion outfits and more!
- Patterns for children and babies: Find unique patterns for children's clothing here, including guides for dresses, pants, tops, rompers, sleepwear, jackets, skirts, sportswear and special occasion outfits, as well as clothing for babies.
- Patterns for pets: Love dressing up your pet? Pamper your pooch with a handmade coat, hat, leash or bed from this pattern category.
- Patterns for making accessories and toys: You can find easy patterns for making bags, toys, clothing for dolls, curtains, home decor and nursery accessories.
You can find easy patterns are more advanced patterns for each category. We stock dress sewing patterns from heaps of popular brands - keep an eye out for Vogue and Simplicity sewing patterns in our collections.
Sewing Patterns FAQ
What is a sewing pattern?
A sewing pattern is a guide sewists can use to create a pre-determined garment or accessory. Sewing patterns often come with helpful images and templates, as well as step-by-step instructions, and will feature guides on what kind of materials the pattern is best used with.
How do I use a sewing pattern?
The best way to use a sewing pattern is to get all your preparation done before you even start sewing. Read through the full pattern carefully, organise your materials, check seam allowances and consider any adjustments that need to be made (like extra length or more room in the shoulders).
Are sewing patterns suitable for beginners?
You can find sewing patterns for beginners at Spotlight - these easy patterns won't involve tricky closures, like buttonholes or zips, nor complicated details like piping, trims or bias binding. If you are new to sewing, make sure to start with beginner sewing patterns before moving on to anything else.
What Else Can I Find At Spotlight?
We have everything you need for sewing at Spotlight, including:
- Sewing machines: Give your sewn projects a professional edge with a sewing machine! Sewing machines also save you a lot of time, speeding up the sewing process and creating neat and tailored stitches on your garment.
- Haberdashery: You can find handy sewing supplies like needle and thread, zippers and buttons, take and ribbon and all kinds of fasteners in our haberdashery category.
- Dress fabrics: Our dress fabrics section is the perfect place to find the ideal material for your next clothesmaking project.
Browse the full sewing and fabrics category for any other sewing supplies you may need.