Lay-by at Spotlight
Yes, lay-by is available in all Spotlight Stores. Lay-by is available on purchases of $20 or more.
Lay-by is not currently available to customers who purchase goods online.
Once you have chosen the goods you wish to lay-by, you can take them to any register where our team members will assist you to complete a Lay-by agreement. At this stage you will be provided with the lay-by terms and conditions and your items will be packed and stored safely in our lay-by holding area.
Yes, items on promotion can be placed on lay-by at the promotional price.
Yes, lay-by is available on fabric purchases of more than 2 metres.
Lay-by payments can be made in person at a Spotlight store. You can only make payments in the store where the lay-by was commenced. Final payment is to be made in person in the store the lay-by was commenced where your goods will be made available to you.
- Minimum Value: Lay-by is available on purchases of $20.00 or more.
- Deposit: At least 20% of the purchase price is required as an initial deposit.
- Exclusions: Lay-by is not available on fabric purchases of less than 2 metres, clearance, discontinued and seasonal products, online purchases, pre-paid cards and gift cards and where specifically stated in store and in promotional materials.
- Instalments: Not more than 14 days must elapse between payments.
- Term: Lay-by items must be paid for in full and collected within 13 weeks of the date the deposit is paid.
- Multiple Items: Lay-bys of more than one item cannot be broken, separated or transferred. All items must be paid for in full before collection.
- Change of Details: It is the customer’s responsibility to notify Spotlight of any changes of address or contact details.
- Ownership: Ownership of the items on lay-by will not pass to the customer until the purchase price has been paid in full and these T&Cs are fulfilled.
- T&Cs: All receipts in relation to this lay-by purchase form part of these T&Cs.
- Cancellation by Customer: The customer may cancel the lay-by at any time before it is finalised. Cancellation by the customer will incur a termination fee of $5, unless Spotlight is in breach of these T&Cs.
- Termination by Spotlight: Failure to make an instalment or make payment in full as required by these T&Cs constitutes a breach of these T&Cs by the customer.
Spotlight may give the customer notice of the breach and terminate these T&Cs if the customer has not rectified the breach within 14 days from the date of the notice. Spotlight may also terminate these T&Cs where it (a) ceases to engage in trade or commence or (b) becomes unable to sell the items on lay-by due to circumstances outside of its control.
- Refunds: If these T&Cs are terminated or the customer cancels the lay-by, the refund of deposits and payments will be made in accordance with applicable law. If the customer does not request a refund of any deposit and instalment payments, Spotlight will deal with such moneys in accordance with the applicable laws concerning unclaimed moneys. If monies paid are less than the termination fee, Spotlight may recover the balance from the customer.