Spray Paints & Finishes
Spotlight offers a range of aerosol spray paints and spray paint varnishes for you to express your creativity. Shop great acrylic spray paints on sale today.
6 items found.
Shop Spray Paint & Paint Finishes For Your Next Project
Working with spray paint is a little different than working with a traditional paintbrush, there are many ways you can utilise spray paint to create beautiful art. At Spotlight, you can shop quality spray paint and spray varnish from great brands such as Montana spray paint and varnishes from Jo Sonja. Discover acrylic spray paint that is suitable for art, craft and hobby projects, achieve clean lines and bold colouration with quality spray paints. We also have specialty spray paints such as marble effect spray paint, metallic spray paint, vintage effect spray paint and gloss spray paint so you can find the perfect one for your desired results. Our spray paints are suitable for a range of surfaces and applications, always read the directions before using.
Tips For Using Spray Paint and How To Make Sure Spray Paint Distributes Easily
There are various ways to ensure you get the best result from your spray paint, even if you never used spray paint before. Here are some of Spotlight's tips for those working with spray paint for the first time.
- Read the instructions: One of the most important things is to read the instructions. Even those who are familiar with spray paint should read the instructions from the manufacturer, as there can always be some special measures you need to take for the best result. Instructions to pay extra attention include the distance you need to keep between the object and the spray paint. It will also tell you how long you need to shake the spray can before you can start the job.
- Be aware of temperature variations: Spray paints can become affected by temperature, and this is something to consider before you start. Check the instructions for temperature and make sure the environment temperature will not impact the spray paint negatively.
- The right movement: If you want to get the best results from spray paint, you must make the appropriate movement with the spray can. Do not point the spray can and stay in the same position, as this will provide an uneven result with an unprofessional finish. Instead, make a sweeping motion to distribute the paint evenly over the object.
- Check your position: Spray painting an object on the floor can be difficult on your back, especially if you need to spray paint for a considerable time. To spare your back, it is a good idea to put the object on something else, so you do not have to hunch over to spray paint the item you have in mind. If possible, you should also turn the object as you spray paint it. Not only will this save you a little bit of time and effort, but it also provides you with a much more even result.
- Test First: Even if you think you have the perfect bottle of spray paint for the job, it is always a good idea to test your spray paint on a similar material first. After all, you do not want to spray paint the entire object and then have to redo the entire thing because you do not get the desired result. Be sure to hold the test object in different types of light as well, which allows you to examine the colour and the effect a little closer.
Spray Paint and Finishes FAQs:
How to protect the floor against spray paint?
While it is tempting to use some taped newspaper to protect your floor, this is not the best option out there. Even though it is the most affordable, newspapers tend to come apart easily as you walk over it. So, to protect your floor properly against spills and accidents, Spotlight recommends a tarp or a big piece of plastic over the floor.
Do I need a primer for spray paint?
It is recommended that you use a surface primer for best results with spray paint. Primers ensure an even finish and reduce the number of coats for spray paint you may need.
What are the safety precautions to take when using spray paint?
Ensure safety when using spray paint, always follow the directions we have some tips to help you stay safe:
- Ensure proper ventilation
- Use a respirator
- Use eye protection
- Wear gloves and protective clothing
- Store spray paints safely in a dry space away from children
Make Your Artistic Vision Come to Life With Spray Paints & Paint Finishes From Spotlight
You'll love the selection of spray paint and art supplies at low prices at Spotlight. We are here to facilitate your creative journey in art, whether you are a student or an experienced professional. Ready to purchase? You can click through art supplies on our website and buy online. If you need help with finding the right art paints and painting supplies, discover our guide on choosing paint mediums and check out more buying guides online. Plus get inspired with FREE projects you can do at home. Shop online at Spotlight and enjoy the convenience of home delivery or you can also shop at your local Spotlight store. Don't forget to join the VIP club for exclusive discounts and events!