PONY RAINBOW STRIPE COT BLANKET
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4 Seasons Pony 4ply 50g balls
- 2 x 1st Contrast (C1 - lipstick),
- 2 x 2nd Contrast (C2 - apricot),
- 2 x 3rd Colour (C3 - yellow),
- 2 x 4th Contrast (C4 - green),
- 2 x 5th Contrast (C5 - turquoise)
- 2 x 6th Contrast (C6 - pale pink)
- One 4mm circular knitting needle (80cm long)
- Scissors, yarn needle, tape measure
80cm x 80cm
21 sts x 42 rows over garter st, using 4mm needles.
Note: This Blanket has been worked on bigger needles and at a looser tension than normally recommended.
Using C1, cast on 5 sts.
Note A circular needle has been used to accommodate the large number of sts. Work in rows not rounds.
1st row (RS) - Knit.
2nd row - K3, yfwd, K2...6 sts.
3rd row -K3, yfwd, K3...7 sts.
4th row -K3, yfwd, knit to end...8 sts.
Rep 4th row until there are 16 sts.
Beg Stripe Patt
Keeping inc in every row correct (as for 4th row), work 72 rows garter st in stripes of 12 rows C2, 12 rows C3, 12 rows C4, 12 rows C5, 12 rows C6 and 12 rows C1 ...88 sts. Last 72 rows form stripe patt for rem.
Cont in stripe patt, inc in every row (as before) until there are 238 sts, thus ending with 6 rows C2. Using C2, Next row (RS) - K2, K2tog, yfwd, K2tog, knit to end ...237 sts.
Keeping stripe patt correct for rem, rep last row until 5 sts rem. Knit 1 row (thus ending with 12 rows C3). Cast off.
DO NOT PRESS. Sew in ends.