TULIP TIE DYE T SHIRT
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Tulip One-Step Tie-Dye Kit - Vibrant
- White 100% cotton T-shirt
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Washing machine
- Non-bleach laundry detergent
1. Prewash t-shirt but do not use fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Lay damp t-shirt flat on work surface.
3. Starting in the bottom corner pinch fabric and pull into tube shape. This corner is where the centre of the bullseye will be.
4. Place rubber band about 2.5cm from the top, then continue banding every 5-8cm along length of fabric for a total of 6 bands.
5. Wearing gloves, add water to dye bottles to line indicated. Replace caps tightly and shake bottles until dye is dissolved.
6. Apply dye colours between banded sections then to remainder of t-shirt.
7. Cover t-shirt with plastic tablecloth. Let set 6-8 hours.
8. Rinse t-shirt in warm water until water runs clear. Remove rubber bands.
9. Fill washing machine to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent.
10. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.