Panel blinds are a versatile and contemporary window treatment. Stack back the panels to enjoy your view or simply glide them across to attain total privacy.
Panel blinds are available in a wide selection of fabrics, with both blockout and translucent styles suitable for every home. Choose from many exciting options to mix and match the fabrics to create a unique decor feature.
Features & Benefits
- Panel blinds are available in three styles classic, regent and vogue.
- Mix and match contrasting fabrics on the one window or coordinate fabrics and styles with roller or roman blinds in the same room.
- Track options opt for a classic track with 3, 4 or 5 channels, or go for a more modern finish with our glissade track with up to 6 channels.
- Different stack sides available from left hand stack, right hand stack and centre open.
- Another option is to use panel blinds as a room divider.
- Choose from face or recess application. Face fix can allow you to fully stack back panels to maximize your view.
- All Spotlight blinds are child safe.
How To Install And Maintain Your Panel Blinds
Panel blinds are a popular window treatment. They come in various forms, from panel glide blinds and panel track blinds to simple sliding panel blinds. As such, homeowners can find them in a solution that suits them best. Since there are a variety of panel blinds to choose from, we have created an overview detailing the installation and the maintenance of your panel blinds.
What Are Panel Blinds?
Panel blinds are specifically designed for floor-to-ceiling windows, which are difficult to cover with other types of window treatments. They can be plain in colour but may also contain patterns that look stunning when they slide over one another.
- Panel blind parts – the parts for panel blinds are quite similar to any other kind of blinds. In fact, the only true difference between panel blinds and other types of blinds is their large size. Panel blinds will also slide over one another, so they are different in the way they open compared to other blinds. Other than that, the principle and the parts are the same.
- Panels for large windows – as mentioned earlier, panel blinds are designed for large windows that go from the floor to the ceiling. However, larger windows are not the only places they can be used. In fact, some customers prefer the panel blinds to cover a smaller window, simply because they love the decorative accent.
- Panel Blinds For Sliding Doors – panel blinds are not solely suitable for larger windows, as they find many applications for sliding doors too. The panels can provide privacy when used on a big patio door or provide more privacy when used on an interior sliding door.
- Finding panel blinds online – while you can certainly find panel blinds in stores, you can easily find them online these days too. The benefit of shopping online is that you can find a larger range of panel blinds easily, but also take advantage of blinds offers immediately. So, if you are hesitant to shop online, these are just some of the reasons why you should give it a try.
How To Install Panel Blinds?
Before you install your panel blinds, you will need your unpacked blinds, a screwdriver, a pencil, any fittings and brackets accompanying your panel blinds, a drill, and a good measuring tape.
First, decide where you will install your blinds. Some people prefer to install them inside the window, while others prefer them over the window. Naturally, this will influence the measurements you will be using for the panel blinds.
Before you can mount the blinds over the window sill, you will need to put the supporting brackets in place. Mark the location of the brackets before you fix them into place with your drill.
To mount your blinds, make sure the rail is positioned near the brackets and simply hook the blinds on top of them. Then, ensure you lock the brackets and the blinds in place.
How To Clean Panel Blinds?
Panel blinds are easily cleaned with a simple damp cloth and an easy wipe-down. If you encounter any persistent stains, you can easily remove them with your damp cloth and non-abrasive soap.
The Benefits Of Panel Blinds
Panel blinds have a variety of benefits. In fact, they provide an excellent alternative to vertical blinds used in offices as well as basic roman blinds. Of course, there are other benefits we must mention here.
Affordable panel blinds are certainly contributing to the popularity of these window treatments. Having to cover a large window can be expensive, which makes affordability an important factor.
Panel blinds also come in various materials and styles; this means you have a lot of options that could fit your interior design. From wooden panels to fabric, there is something suitable for everyone.
The Price Of Panel Blinds
Even though panel blinds are affordable for the area they need to cover, the investment can still be substantial for most people. To find the best panel blinds, you might have to pay a little extra for the material you prefer. For example, panels in genuine wood will be more expensive than those in fabric.
- The importance of panel glide blinds reviews – If you intend to spend a little more on the material you prefer, going through some reviews on panel blinds can make a difference. Reviews can also show you some finished results; this in terms of panel blinds that have been installed in a certain interior. So, view some before and after photographs and reviews to determine if a certain material is the best choice for you.
- Prices and materials – As mentioned briefly earlier, some materials used in panels can be more expensive than others. Natural wood tends to be the highest, although cheaper alternatives in the form of bamboo are an option too. Fabric and plastic tend to be the most affordable options at the moment.