Could your bedroom do with a make-over? Transform the look of your bedroom today with Spotlight. See what we can do for you online at Spotlight today.
333 items found.
Can I buy quilt covers at Spotlight?
Yes, we have an extensive range of quilt covers on offer throughout the year. Browse the complete range online, or visit your nearest store to see the variety of designs we have available. We offer a large selection of quilt covers in-store and online and you will be able to find every design you are looking for including classic and contemporary designs. We also have a range of special childrens quilt covers and matching accessories.
Which types of quilt covers are available at Spotlight?
We stock a huge variety of quilt covers, from colourful, budget-conscious and hard-wearing polyester covers to amazingly soft and luxurious 100% cotton quilt covers with a 1000 thread count, and everything in-between. You will be spoilt for choice with the many designs and styles of quilt covers on offer. Our aim is always to offer the best available quality at everyday low prices.
What should I look for when selecting quilt covers?
First and foremost, we suggest you look for the style of quilt cover that appeals to you. Do you like a plain, understated look or do you love a vibrant and colourful design? Are you looking to create a romantic, timeless retreat in your master bedroom or are you looking for kids quilt covers or something for a guest bedroom? Narrowing it down by style or colour will give you a good starting point when choosing quilt covers.
What are the different sizes of quilt covers?
- Single quilt covers usually measure 140 cm in width and 210 cm in length, and are ideal for single beds or buy two if you have twin beds or each prefer your own quilt and cover. They come with one matching pillowcase.
- Double quilt covers measure approximately 180 cm in width and 210 cm in length, and fit a standard double bed. These quilt covers come with two pillowcases.
- Queen quilt covers are a little wider at 210 cm width and 210 cm length and are ideal if you want a little more cover on the bed. Queen size quilt covers also come with two pillowcases.
- King-size quilt covers measure about 245 cm in width and 210 cm in length and are suitable for queen-size and king-size beds, with two pillowcases making up the set.
- Super King quilt covers are the largest size on offer and usually measure about 270 cm in width. They are also longer at around 240 cm in length and come with two pillowcases as standard.
If in doubt, always measure your quilt size to see what the best quilt cover size is for you. If you want to change your quilt at the same time as your quilt covers, Spotlight can help you there too, with a range of quilts in different sizes and thicknesses to choose from.
Should I buy polyester, cotton or blended fabric quilt covers?
Polyester quilt covers are hard-wearing and easy to care for, but they do not offer the breathability of more natural fabrics, and may not be as comfortable in hot weather. However, they are the most budget-friendly covers in our range.
Polycotton quilt covers are a blend of cotton fabric with some polyester added. This usually means that they will be easier to iron than pure cotton quilt covers, and may be able to be used straight from the dryer or the washing line.
Cotton quilt covers are made from 100% natural, breathable material that is ideal for regulating body temperature in all types of weather. Cotton is tough, easy to care for and long-lasting. Cotton quilt covers with a high thread count will be soft and luxurious to the touch.
How should I care for my quilt covers?
As a general rule, quilt covers can be machine washed and tumble dried, but do always look for the manufacturers instructions before washing for the first time. Polyester quilt covers can usually only be ironed on a very low temperature, while pure cotton quilt covers will need a warmer iron. Wash dark or brightly coloured quilt covers separately on a low temperature setting to make sure the colours remain fresh.