Measure your ingredients perfectly with a quality measuring jug from Spotlight. Shop glass measuring jugs & plastic measuring jugs at a great price online.
6 items found.
Cook Precisely With A Measuring Jug From Spotlight
If you love to cook, a quality measuring jug is a must-have cooking accessory for your kitchen. Measuring jugs allow you to add precise amounts of liquid to your cooking, and also work as vessels for melting solids into the microwave, like butter.
At Spotlight we offer measuring jugs from brands such as Decor and Wiltshire, in useful sizes ranging from 250mL to 1000mL. With plastic measuring jugs and glass measuring jugs available, you're bound to find a measuring jug you love at Spotlight!
Which measuring jug should you choose?
Here are the factors you need to take into account when choosing a measuring jug:
- Measuring jug material: Our measuring jugs come made of either polypropylene (plastic) or borosilicate glass. Plastic measuring jugs are lighter to handle and can be dropped without fear, although they are more prone to cracking and can become warped at very high temperatures. Glass measuring jugs are durable and long-lasting, but are heavy to handle and can break or chip if dropped or mishandled.
- Measuring jug size: How many people are you baking for? If you live alone or in a household of two, you can probably get by with a measuring jug that holds 500mL of liquid. Bakers for large households and groups will appreciate the size of a 1L measuring jug instead.
- Measuring jug lid: If you will be using your measuring jug in the microwave a lot, look for one with a fitted lid that will prevent liquids from splattering out. The lid also means it can be used for safely storing food and drink in the fridge.
Measuring jugs FAQ
What is a measuring jug?
A measuring jug is a small, clear glass or plastic vessel with incremental measurements on the sides. They are used for measuring precise amounts of ingredients to be used in cooking and baking. Measuring jugs have a handle and spout for easy pouring, and often feature measurements in cups on one side and in millilitres on the other side.
How to use a measuring jug
To use a measuring jug, set it on a flat, stable surface. Add your ingredients slowly until the amount reaches your desired measurement on the side of the measuring jug. Then pour it into your cooking vessel.
How do I clean a measuring jug?
Most measuring jugs can be cleaned in the dishwasher - these will be marked as 'dishwasher safe' on the packaging. You can also hand wash them with warm water and dish soap, but be careful not to use abrasive cleaners like steel wool, as you may scratch off the measurements on the side of the jug.
What Else Can I Find At Spotlight?
We have heaps of handy cooking and baking accessories at Spotlight, including:
- Measuring cups: Most baking recipes use cups for measurements, so grab one of our handy measuring cup sets here!
- Measuring spoons: Our measuring spoons are perfect for adding select amounts of spices and sauces to your dishes.
- Mixing bowls: Hardy and easy to use and store, our mixing bowls come in useful sets so you'll always have the right-sized measuring bowl on hand when you need it.
Browse the full weighing and measuring category online for all our amazing measuring tools in one place.
Find the right measuring jugs at Spotlight
Ready to buy a new measuring jug? Shop online at Spotlight, quickly pay and we'll deliver your measuring jug straight to your front door. You can also visit your nearest Spotlight store to view the range of measuring jugs in person.
Make sure you're buying the best products for your kitchen by reading through our kitchen tools and utensils buying guide. And for fun recipes you can use your new measuring jugs for, check out our amazing cake and confectionary projects!