CHRISTMAS QUILTED STOCKINGS
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
30cm Fabric A - Christmas Ornaments, Green
1m Fabric B - Christmas Splendor, Cream (includes lining)
30cm Fabric C - Santa's in Town, Vintage
1m Fabric A - Ornament Holiday, Cream (includes lining)
30m Fabric B - Woodland Splendor, Cream
30cm Fabric C - Santa Sack, Evergreen
30cm Fabric A - Holiday Glitz, Pine
1m Fabric B - Christmas Wishes, Green (includes lining)
30cm Fabric C - Santa's Coming, Blue
For all 3 sacks
1.5m Legacy cotton batting
Matching Gutermann 100% cotton thread
Rotary cutter, mat & quilters rulers
Quilting pins, tape measure
Scissors, seam ripper
Sewing machine with 1/4" foot & walking foot
All fabrics should be 100% cotton, washed & pressed.
1/4" seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated.
Read all instructions carefully before commencing the project.
All strips are cut across the width of fabric unless otherwise stated.
- From Fabric A cut 1 x 7 1/4" strip. With strip still folded place templates 1, 5, 6 and 9 onto the strip to cut stocking pieces for front and back of stocking.
- From Fabric B cut 1 x 7 1/4" strip. With strip still folded place templates 2, 3, 7 and 8 onto the strip to cut stocking pieces for front and back of stocking.
- From Fabric C use templates 4 and 10 to fussy cut stocking pieces on a single layer of fabric remembering to flip template 10 over so the piece will be facing right direction on the stocking back.
- Set aside lining fabric.
- Repeat for all sacks.
- Lay out the pieces for stocking front referring to diagram. Repeat for stocking back.
- Sew pieces together in rows as follows &ndash, 1 + 2, 3 + 4 + 5, 6 + 7, 8 + 9 +10. Press seams in one direction alternating the direction in each row.
- Sew the rows together matching seams. Press seams in one direction.
-For the stocking back sew pieces together in rows as follows &ndash, 2 + 1, 5 + 4 + 3, 7 + 6, 9 + 8 +10. Press seams in one direction alternating the direction in each row. Sew the rows together matching seams. Press seams in one direction.
-Place lining fabric right together and using stocking front as a template cut out lining. Sew lining together around the edge leaving top edge open. Do not turn right side out. Press top edge 1/2" to the wrong side.
-Place stocking front right side up on batting and cut around the edge. Quilt as desired. Repeat for stocking back.
- Pin quilted stocking front and back together with right sides facing. Sew together around the edge leaving top edge open. Turn right side out and press. Press top edge 1/2" to the wrong side.
- Insert lining into stocking pushing down into foot, aligning side seams and top edges. Pin in place. Topstitch around top 1/8" in from the edge. Add another row of topstitching 1/2" in from the edge.