|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
Cake Boxes, Bags & Storage
Shop your cake packaging needs at Spotlight. Find cardboard cake boxes, cupcake boxes & reusable cake storage containers for easy display & transportation.
27 items found.
What is the best kind of box for my cake?
Depending on what you plan on doing with your cake, different kinds of boxes are better suited than others.
- If you are handing out pieces of cake to guests leaving your party, small enclosed paper boxes will allow them to get their piece home safely. Single cupcake boxes are perfect for safely handing out cupcakes.
- If you have made a cake and are delivering it somewhere, a window cake box made of cardstock is your best bet, allowing for the cake to be protected but also allowing viewing through the top. Make sure if your cake has icing that it isn't smudging on the pane of the cake window box.
- We have tall cake boxes available for larger cakes or cakes with cake toppers.
- If you are transporting a cake and are worried it could be squished, a hard plastic box will protect it from taking any damage.
- Cupcakes should be placed into special cupcake boxes, as they will keep the cupcakes separate. Individual cupcake boxes are also available.
- If you will be storing your cake in the fridge for a while, an air-tight plastic box will keep it fresher than a paper cake box would.
How can I store my cake?
Whether you are saving them to be decorated or keeping precious leftovers for later, how you store your cake will determine its freshness! Always choose an airtight container if you will be storing your cake for more than one day.
- Un-iced cakes can be stored in a cool, dry place like a pantry or shaded benchtop for up to five days.
- Iced cakes can be stored the same as un-iced ones, but be careful not to allow the lid of your cake box to smudge the icing. If you don't have a suitable box, add some toothpicks to the top of your iced cake and then wrap it with clingwrap - the toothpicks will prevent the wrap from touching the icing. If you are wrapping your cake, make sure it is on a sturdy cake board that won't sag under your cake.
- Cakes with buttercream, fresh cream or fresh fruit on top/in the middle should be stored in the fridge. The cake will last for five days, but keep an eye on the best-before dates of any cream used as well.
Find the right cake boxes and storage at Spotlight
Keep your cakes safe and fresh with any of Spotlight's cake or cupcake boxes. You can find the whole range online, where you can choose from home delivery or click and collect to pick up your order. You can also head to your local Spotlight store, where our lovely staff will help you find the right cake box for your creation.
In a baking mood but not sure what to make? Browse our cake and confectionery projects page for hundreds of beautiful ideas sure to impress! You can also check out our celebrate blog for heaps of fun and unique party ideas, advice and themes, or our buying guides for help on choosing the right party product every time.