WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Quilting pins, tape measure
- Scissors, seam ripper
- Hand needle
- Sewing machine with walking foot for quilting
All fabrics should be 100% cotton, washed & pressed.
1.5m seam allowance used throughout unless otherwise indicated.
Read all instructions carefully before commencing the project.
- From Disney Lion King fabric cut 2 rectangles 95cm x 75cm, one for the top and one for the bottom.
- From Prima Homespun natural unseeded fabric cut 2 rectangles 95cm x 75cm.
- From cotton wadding cut 2 rectangles 95cm x 75cm.
- From black Prima Homespun cut two strips 13cm wide x 90cm long and two strips 13cm wide x 70cm long.
- From medium weight woven interfacing cut two strips 13cm wide x 90cm long and two strips 13cm wide x 70cm long. Fuse to the wrong wide of the black homespun strips.
Step 1 - Layer the 95cm x 75cm rectangles as follows - one homespun, one cotton batting with one Lion King fabric on top right side up. Pin layers together and quilt using diagonal lines. Repeat for the remaining three rectangles.
Step 2 - Trim the two quilted rectangles to 90cm x 70cm.
Step 3 - Sew black homespun strips together as follows - pin short sides of a 90cm strip to a 70cm strip with right sides facing and starting 1.5cm from top sew together stopping 1.5cm from bottom edge. Repeat to sew the remaining 90cm strip to the end of the 70cm strip, then the remaining 70cm strip to the 90cm (see diagram). Finally sew the ends together to form a loop.
Step 4 - Pin the edge of strip, right sides facing, to all four sides of top, matching edges (90cm to 90cm). Stitch in place. Repeat to sew the bottom to the other edge of the strip, leaving a 20cm opening in one short end for turning through.
Step 5 - Press seams and turn right side out.
Step 6 - Stuff with fibre fill and slipstitch opening closed.